• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Installation and Review: SKINZ Protective Gear Concept A-Arms

bholmlate

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2009
Reno, Nevada
This issue is the only one that is keeping me from going the skinz route at the moment. The front end kit has great reviews but the bent tie rods are definitely a weak link. I potenially just sold my Bark Buster front end so now by next year i have to decide Z-bros or Skinz. It sounds like the +3 is good but the +4 is better. I am hoping for a fix.

Nytroboost

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2011
Not sure what you mean by inverting it but you have to rase the tie rod to clear the lower Aarm thats why skinz bends there. So if you raise it, it clears that lower arm and you can run a straight tie rod. And still have all the steering.

bholmlate

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2009
Reno, Nevada
NYTRO
I am wondering if you make the bend steeper and move it out toward the end of tie rod so the majority of the tie rod would be straight if it would bend as easy as it does with the bend in the middle. It would have less leverage on the bend that way. You said you tried sevaral different things to try to keep the tie rod from bending. What types of things did you try.

I think boost was asking what are the benefits of running your shocks upside down. Most people run FOX shock with the air valve at the top not the bottom like you have them running.

Nytroboost

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2011
Oh sorry, for the shocks none, thats way fox installation guide said to plus the only way cause the way fox installed the spherical bushings. I haven't tried all the options. But if i can keep away from any bend i thinks its better IMO. The way i did it you lose a little steering cause the tie hits the shock bolt just before the stop on the steering column. But i bought button head GRD8 bolts and it cured that full steering as new but with straight tie rods. So now the factory stops on the steering hit before anything else touches works great for me. No bent tie rods or tie wiring a tree to it so i can ride out. But the way you say I would think your right would be alot better but more work to fix and there is still a bend.

Premium Features