• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SHR921

BIG JOHN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesoooota
UP and running...
going west next week...
tested/tuned/dyno'd by Hay Days (honest)...
SHR921 cylinder and piston will be on display-BJ

Last edited:

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
beartooth/cooke is solid snow with easy acces for a while yet. Get out here and get it tested. should be a solid contender!

BIG JOHN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesoooota
test ride #1 in the books...
baseline clutching/fueling done...
motor not broke in yet BUT she left a lamb and came a lion!!
motor only at 80% tuned/dialed IMHO...
will tweek head (way too safe) and need fueling from main injectors for best drivability but all easy to resolve...
sled will be at Hay Days as is (a REAL BB vs sticker BB) and a host of other aftermarket products installed including SHR921, SHR clutching, BnM boards, bumpers, ReHab wraps, PCed!!-BJ

FYI- top of the world has serious snow and super easy access for anyone looking for late season ride/testing

*will have a SHR921 cylinder/piston on display

Last edited:

mtncat

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2001
Wyoming
It's the mythical BB they claim the competition didn't have, yet mine managed to get over 600 miles on it as well as several other BB's in the 850 chassis out west

Last edited:
F
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesota
"That BB" was marketed as having 30hrs dyno time and all clutching and fueling was done by Haydays 2016.....

Moving on.

We had the 921BB.
A 700 ETEC BB we are testing for the 600 guys.
BJ's MPI 850 turbo, testing the SHR custom clutch weights, which Turbo Jaymie says are the best weights he has run in his 850
and a trail ported etec 800 with a P-drive on it.

Riding spring snow was a hoot! Jealous of all you "Locals"

Us flatlanders are snowless in March.

The 921 runs well. Looking forward to some dyno time.

Last edited:
BB with dyno time proven to be false??

"That BB" was sold as having 30hrs dyno time and all clutching and fueling was done by Haydays last year. All proven to be false.

Moving on.

We had the 921BB.
A 700 ETEC BB we are testing for the 600 guys.
BJ's MPI 850 turbo, testing the SHR custom clutch weights, which Turbo Jaymie says are the best weights he has run in his 850
and a trail ported etec 800 with a P-drive on it.

Riding spring snow was a hoot! Jealous of all you "Locals"

Us flatlanders are snowless in March.

The 921 runs well. Looking forward to some dyno time.
May I ask how it was all proven to be false??:noidea:

BIG JOHN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesoooota
It's the mythical BB they claim the competition didn't have, yet mine managed to get over 600 miles on it as well as several other BB's in the 850 chassis out west.

The reference was to the NEW sled with bb decals/DS can AT Hay Days...

hint- shipping oil on pipe, ALL felt in place, sled looked fresh from a crate and few other observations that contradict a sled with 30+ hours of dyno/fuel/clutching test time on it...

I'm sure one was in the works (I was laying the groundwork too) and obviously it showed up later (read winter) but back in September??

just like the MPI turbo, they displayed one at Hay Days and a diff one showed up in January...

just like HPS, I displayed one at Hay Days and they showed up in January...

just like my clutch weights, only had a few proto types last fall and they showed up in February...

new tech/iron is kewl and any NEW mod takes time (like new custom pistons, weights, mufflers, turbos etc) and cant be rushed...

that is why I ran a 600RS Pdrive last winter on a 800 with hand welded/ground weights to learn the new stuff early...

NO biggy honestly but the ruse was pretty funny hence the little jab :)-BJ

Last edited:

mtncat

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2001
Wyoming
Really? If phones rang and you where pumping product out the door you wouldn't have time to try to discredit the competition nor would you care.

BIG JOHN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesoooota
Really? If phones rang and you where pumping product out the door you wouldn't have time to try to discredit the competition nor would you care.

that is the problem with social media/blog pages/web sites, things get taken outa context...

do I get to show up with a sled with just stickers, no dyno sheets or any "tech" to back up said sticker??

do I get to slam other builders/product on my website??

this year SHR will have a 921 BB on display, 921 BB cylinders to hold/inspect, 921 pistons to hold/inspect, MPI turbo 850 on display, MPI turbo kit to hold/inspect, SHR adjustable weights (IN sled/tools/industry first) and complete clutch kits for ALL 850 models (turbo, summits, MXZ) and my 921, TKI belt drives, HPS/DynoPort/SPI exhaust systems...

shedding light on an obvious ruse is not discrediting, just more of an FYI:face-icon-small-win-BJ

Hay Days 2017/SCS17

B

Bacon

Nov 26, 2007
Napoleon, ND
its funny how things get "funny" when you ask for HP/TQ numbers...:face-icon-small-ton
even BRP can get it right.

Why. I've seen well set up stockers stick with "190" hp sleds on a dyno. Dyno numbers only tell So much. Depends who's running the dyno. Depends if they do a flash pull or a 20-30 second pull.

N
Jul 29, 2015
Why. I've seen well set up stockers stick with "190" hp sleds on a dyno. Dyno numbers only tell So much. Depends who's running the dyno. Depends if they do a flash pull or a 20-30 second pull.

I've gotten into this with BJ over on DOOTalk and you just aren't going to get the type of data from him that you're asking for. That's his choice. He obviously does good work and seems to be a trusted builder. So take that for what it's worth...heavy sled modifications like big bores and turbos are not a high volume product, so word of mouth is important as is your reputation. If you don't provide Dyno data but you have a good rep, then you can get by.

I don't agree with this premise and I certainly don't agree with bashing other builders for your own benefit. So for those reasons (and a few more I won't mention) he's not the builder for me.

You can make your own choices. That's the beauty of living in a free country.

B

Bacon

Nov 26, 2007
Napoleon, ND
I've gotten into this with BJ over on DOOTalk and you just aren't going to get the type of data from him that you're asking for. That's his choice. He obviously does good work and seems to be a trusted builder. So take that for what it's worth...heavy sled modifications like big bores and turbos are not a high volume product, so word of mouth is important as is your reputation. If you don't provide Dyno data but you have a good rep, then you can get by.

I don't agree with this premise and I certainly don't agree with bashing other builders for your own benefit. So for those reasons (and a few more I won't mention) he's not the builder for me.

You can make your own choices. That's the beauty of living in a free country.

If anyone puts out a turd for a build, word gets out fast this day and age. John puts out good stuff or he wouldn't be in business. About the only guys I see bash him are the Trygstad lovers. The guys that own his builds seem to be pretty happy. What are you gonna do with those dyno numbers? You would almost have to have all the builders get together on the same day with the same dyno and compare to stockers. Good luck with that. And what if my 180 hp sled beats your 200 hp sled on the hill.

N
Jul 29, 2015
If anyone puts out a turd for a build, word gets out fast this day and age. John puts out good stuff or he wouldn't be in business. About the only guys I see bash him are the Trygstad lovers. The guys that own his builds seem to be pretty happy. What are you gonna do with those dyno numbers? You would almost have to have all the builders get together on the same day with the same dyno and compare to stockers. Good luck with that. And what if my 180 hp sled beats your 200 hp sled on the hill.

I'm not a trygstad lover. He has done a crank and case for me and I was very happy with his work.

Don't really care who's sled makes it to the top of the hill. That's not my thing...

My point/opinion is...don't bash other builders. It just makes him look childish. Especially if you don't provide Dyno data for your own kits.

Look...I get it. A Dyno chart is only a piece of paper. It means nothing unless the builders/tuners have pride in what they do. That's why I look for well executed Dyno testing and comparisons. No for the peak number (more for the area under the torque curve actually). But most importantly is the change from stock to modified...and the pride I see/read/hear from talking to the builder.

That's just my opinion. Like I said. BJ appears to do good work from the word of mouth from his customers. But I'm a data guy...and I like classy business owners who let their own work speak for itself. Love Dyno data. Don't like bashing. Just me...cool.

Premium Features