• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Opinion on best overall pipe for a 15 proclimb

I
Sep 23, 2016
Opinion on best overall pipe for a proclimb

Curious what the real world experience says for the best overall pipe for a proclimb, so far I haven't made it out to the hills...yet. Flat lander from mn with a bunch of trips to the yoop each yr.

Right now im running a speedwerx y pipe with D&D Monster and a D&D barker silencer, my silencer just cracked again as did my pipe next to the temp sensor bung. Looking at changing the set up this fall. Ive heard good things about speedwerx and jaws. Any one else got input?

21x49 hyvos
mds weights with about 82 grams in them
38/42 Goodwin helix
bmp white 120-310 primary spring
stock cat secondary spring
141 2.25 power claw (I shortened it up)
When the 153 2.6 goes back in someday itll get the 19/50 gears put back in, way more punchy and fun I think
v force reeds
8 bulls eyes in the intake upfront
pcv with only fuel control

Last edited:

Allseasons

Premium Member
Feb 2, 2014
Rocky Mtn House AB
With the 800, I don't know my azz from my hand, but I have an opinion. I've been holding out for 2 options.

Option #1. BDX/SSI full set up with controller. I already have Y and can. But the pipe still isn't available.
Option #2. Racinstation slp set up with reflash. To be honest, I'm willing to try this first, but there are zero reviews, and zero dyno sheets supporting it

If no resolve by the end of this August, September there will be a big shark under my hood. It's proven, hundreds of reviews and solid reports and no bog

A couple of times, Wyo has said, save your money on a pipe, drop the weight outta the hood. I like the braaap of a pipe

I
Sep 23, 2016
I wanna do something with my hood but I need a good light still for riding at night, planning on blacking the sled out this yr since I need to replace my clutch side lower panel, belt took It out when she popped. But idk what to do with the hood....I like dangling in the trees and don't know how well the frogskins will hold up to branches?

I like the extra pull with the pipe, but I think other pipes and someone tunes will be better then what I have now

O
Dec 9, 2010
High falls, NY
I've now run the speedwerx, slp and jaws setups. I personally think the jaws is the best of them. On the Dyno and seat of the pants the jaws pulls the hardest. Second place for me was the slp. I'm running the jaws pipe with a diamond s quiet can and it sounds beautiful and runs flawlessly. I have a bdx style intake that I made myself and I'm running boyesen reeds with a 2 deg timing key and the sled pulls 180 hp on the dyno.

mn1000

Lifetime Membership
Dec 14, 2007
Minnesota
Do all these pipes need fuel controllers

My stock pipe is bent on my 2016 m8000. I am in the process of figuring out what I am going to do. Stay stock or go after market

Suzzy-Q

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Mackenzie B.C. Canada
Have a slp stage 2 on my 2012, buddy has a jaws, another has speedwerx stage 2, jaws seemed to have long legs and good top end but both slp and speedwerx seemed better off the bottom, figured it's just a trade off on the pipe designs, all three pipes work, just a little different attitude from them. My .02

Speed Shop Inc.

Premium Member
Nov 4, 2009
Cannon Falls, MN
www.speedshopinc.com
We are doing both. The pipe mod is cool because it works well and had a really good price too. Some people just want to run it with the stock heat shield for a stock appearance. The pipe mod is available now, the new stainless pipe does make a bit more peak power, but isn't available yet. But bang for your buck, the pipe mod is a great running package.

TNTCOPP

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Buckley, WA
So if you do your pipe mod, your y-pipe, and an aftermarket can - can you get away with no fuel controller still? I know mapping on these has always been on the rich side.

Allseasons

Premium Member
Feb 2, 2014
Rocky Mtn House AB
In an email Erich told me I could, and I was going to also add a 2.5 timing key. But, for fuel I run 50/50- 91/av gas which works out to 95.5 octane.

I
Sep 23, 2016
Im pretty set on getting on a jaws kit...also a guy north of me has tunes for the ssi 950 kit with the jaws pipe so I think im in love
heart.gif

Premium Features