• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Silber seems rich after taking a break

Spiderman

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Mn
So my silber ran great the whole trip. The only thing I notice is after I take a break and then restart it, it seems fat. As soon as I warm the pipe up and ride it for like 30 sec it's back to running great. It kind of coughs for a bit, then clears up. Any ideas?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

J

JJ_0909

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 16, 2009
So my silber ran great the whole trip. The only thing I notice is after I take a break and then restart it, it seems fat. As soon as I warm the pipe up and ride it for like 30 sec it's back to running great. It kind of coughs for a bit, then clears up. Any ideas?

That is somewhat normal. Turbo is going to spin more slowly when slightly cold at idle than it will once warmed up. Hence, there is less air running through the system and yes, it is in fact rich when cold.

Just clear it out and go rip!

sledhead9825

Lifetime Membership
Nov 4, 2013
That is somewhat normal. Turbo is going to spin more slowly when slightly cold at idle than it will once warmed up. Hence, there is less air running through the system and yes, it is in fact rich when cold.

Just clear it out and go rip!

Might be normal on a Silber but not on my Boost-it or Mtntk sleds.

sledhead9825

Lifetime Membership
Nov 4, 2013
Its splitting hairs. It also has to do with intake design that gives Silber more power up top.

Blip the throttle once and its fixed.

More power up top than what?? Silbers tune and design will not touch a intercooled race gas tune from other manufacturers.

Last edited:

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska

Is it hard to start or just does it out of the gate after being hot? I can not say any of ours have done that with out something else going on. I have seen damaged turbos do that a bit or a leak sometimes.

Is it after sitting a while? Like sled temp is 100 or less when getting on it? Sometimes if the EGT or Temp sensor does not like the temp it will load it up until it is good.

sledhead9825

Lifetime Membership
Nov 4, 2013
Here we go again, what does a Intercooled race gas setup have to do with the OP's question?
Nothing... Read the whole thread. JJ is trying to tell the OP that loading up is normal. I said its not with kits I have owned or own. Know your saying its not normal its something else. Your both Silber guys with a difference of opinion.

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
Nothing... Read the whole thread. JJ is trying to tell the OP that loading up is normal. I said its not with kits I have owned or own. Know your saying its not normal its something else. Your both Silber guys with a difference of opinion.

Well we may not be talking about the same thing, which is why I am asking the OP to clarify for us.

And read the whole thread, still wondering why a IC Race Gas kit is relevant in this topic is all.

sledhead9825

Lifetime Membership
Nov 4, 2013
Well we may not be talking about the same thing, which is why I am asking the OP to clarify for us.

And read the whole thread, still wondering why a IC Race Gas kit is relevant in this topic is all.
JJ said Silbers design gives more power up top. More power than what ???

J

JJ_0909

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 16, 2009
I'd agree we need clarification.

The sled will load up down low if you are barely on the throttle, been idleing for awhile or cold. Honestly, my NA sled would even do this in certain situations. Its part of 2 stroke in variable weather more than anything.

On the flip side, if its loading up or seems rich in a more "material" way, that could be due to a thousand other things. (boost leak, bad belt, etc etc)

As far as the whole "race gas intercooler" thing... cmon. Apples to Oranges.

All I'll say is Silber's charge tube design does encourage mid/top end performance more than bottom end performance. Unless we decide to be like F1 and vary the volume of these tubes/air boxes dependent on RPM, there will ALWAYS be a compromise. This is one reason you are going to find more total performance with a Silber kit as X psi than BD kit at the same PSI, same size turbo...

Last edited:
J

JJ_0909

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 16, 2009
Who is they??? What kits??? Bare in mind I've owned Silber, Boost-it and MTNTK.

I'm comparing my experience on a Silber kit to a number of other kits out there.

Not just me, there are a number of other guys that question if "Silber's x psi is actually what they report" as it often feels like more. Everyone who put a boost gauge found "yup, its actually correct".

So why is the Silber stuff seemingly more powerful up top? Charge tube/intake design is part of your answer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_bOGqeHYlM

Fun video to watch if you want to learn more.

sledhead9825

Lifetime Membership
Nov 4, 2013
I'm comparing my experience on a Silber kit to a number of other kits out there.

Not just me, there are a number of other guys that question if "Silber's x psi is actually what they report" as it often feels like more. Everyone who put a boost gauge found "yup, its actually correct".

So why is the Silber stuff seemingly more powerful up top? Charge tube/intake design is part of your answer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_bOGqeHYlM

Fun video to watch if you want to learn more.

Variable intake runners has been around for along time. Porsche starting running variable intakes 20 years ago. What does that have to do with Silbers intake? Its NOT variable.. Also. You didn't answer my questions. They and who's kits??

Last edited:
Premium Features