• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Help; Anyone know the real deal on the 07 cranks

N
Nov 26, 2007
And I have searched the old forum

Looking at some 07's but it is very hard to get a straight answer from salesman. What is the issue with the Crank bearing and what % of the 07's have it? BRP seems to think throwing oil at it will work but that just seems to be to delay the inevitable. I am looking at an 07x and an 07 adrenaline and want to pull the trigger but have that nervous feeling in the pit of my stomach from all the internet chatter. I only want some semblance of reliability.
Which were more prone to the problems; the early season x and xrs or the later adrenaline? or was there even a diff?

High Voltage

Lifetime Membership
Jan 30, 2003
Helena, MT
I would stay away unless you live close to where you ride so down time doesn't reck your vacation. HV

Y

youd47

Nov 27, 2007
Stanford, MT
None of the sleds are perfect, but due to the problems I had with mine I would think long and hard before I bought.

H
Jan 10, 2002
PF, Idaho
1500 were bad or could be. Thats the number I heard. Doo opened the bearing clearance 10 microns more and the cooling system doesn't help by not having a stat. The cooling part is auguable by some.

D
Sep 13, 2002
Airdrie, AB
IMHO, Stay away from the 2007's period. I had 597 miles on mine, i thought i was in the clear, then my crank failed today at 1 pm. I have serial number <400 though, maybe the after 1500 serial numbers were given more clearance. I question that extra clearance will help, as my sled was hot and ran good for 15 km until failure on the trail and only at 6000-7500 rpm (mid throttle) on a flat, groomed fire road, while running scratchers...shouldn't have been any issue with clearances/tolerance as my running conditions were constant, with not much of a load, just cruising down the trail, and 597 miles on sled meant it was broke in well....coolant should have been at a steady temp all the way (and yes my sled was plenty warmed up, happened at 15Km in, and warmed up at least 10 minutes). Look for a 2006 X800HO, easier to tune and bulletproof.

Premium Features