• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Pro RMK spindle on an Axys

flying frenchman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 27, 2009
Alberta, Canada
So trying to kill the attack angle, so the only way to do it is to drop the front end down.
Would the pro rmk spindles work ? Has anyone tried this yet ?
I don't care how easy the Axys flops from side to side , my pro handle like a charm. Kinda like it better.

chralle

Premium Member
Jan 23, 2009
north of sweden
I'm also running the proride spindles on my axys
Couldn't tell the difference in handling but I know for sure that the proride spindles are tougher than the axys ones.

Skickat från min GT-I9295 via Tapatalk

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
So trying to kill the attack angle, so the only way to do it is to drop the front end down.
I don't care how easy the Axys flops from side to side , my pro handle like a charm. Kinda like it better.

Yes, the shorter spindles work well on the AXYS. I did however run our offset spindles to narrow up the ski stance and also sucked up the limiter strap 1". This was a great combo to reduce trenching and reduce transfer. Now with our suspension coupler I have been able to go back to stock setup and still be in control. It still does trench a bit more with the stock set up though. I think the 8 tooth drivers would be the best answer.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010

8 tooth drivers if you have the 2.6?

xmk1080

Lifetime Membership
Sep 23, 2008
I'm running the pro spindles, 8 tooth drivers with the 2.6 track and zbroz 36 inch front end set at 35 inches along with raptor shocks and absolutely love it! I'm actually going to try the pro offset spindles next, it's a blast to ride in the trees, drainages, sidehilling, it just does everything better! I'm also geared down to an overall 2.42 gear ratio since I installed the 8 tooth drivers and tki belt drive.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I have my 2013 Pro RMK spindles sitting on the shelf if anyone is interested.

flying frenchman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 27, 2009
Alberta, Canada
Just test driving one for the weekend. The first thing I notice is this sled sits way too high and has a steep attack angle. With a low attack angle on my pro it just floats. My skid is also pulled back 4" on my pro. So avoided the drop and roll. Sled is very controlling and fun.
Ordered myself a new 163x 3" but thinking I will set it up like my pro if possible . I will swap my spare driveshaft and drivers and my 2.5 CE and run it like this most of the time. With this motor it will haul ***. Will figure it out for the 3" as time goes.

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
I run the pro spindles and 8 tooth drivers on my axys, it helps with handling but I still feel my pro rmk handles better. Would like to try a narrower ski stance on the axys.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
I run the pro spindles and 8 tooth drivers on my axys, it helps with handling but I still feel my pro rmk handles better. Would like to try a narrower ski stance on the axys.

Could you elaborate on "better"?

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
Could you elaborate on "better"?

The pro just seems more easier to ride and gets on the snow better than the Axys both sleds having a 2.6 track.

With the taller spindles I noticed more feedback through the bars.

I'm wanting to try the offset pro spindles on the axys next.

Main reason for the spindle and the 8 tooth driver was to get a better attack angle.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
The pro just seems more easier to ride and gets on the snow better than the Axys both sleds having a 2.6 track.

With the taller spindles I noticed more feedback through the bars.

I'm wanting to try the offset pro spindles on the axys next.

Main reason for the spindle and the 8 tooth driver was to get a better attack angle.

I completely agree that the AXYS has way more feedback with the taller spindles. Seems to have more leverage effecting them when on a side hill so when you catch something it is more pronounced.

Norway

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Ok, that does it! I'm getting ZRP narrow spindels for pro rmk to put on my Axys. My pro was a blast with those and narrow bars.

Sent fra min S60 via Tapatalk

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
Just test driving one for the weekend. The first thing I notice is this sled sits way too high and has a steep attack angle. With a low attack angle on my pro it just floats. My skid is also pulled back 4" on my pro. So avoided the drop and roll. Sled is very controlling and fun.
Ordered myself a new 163x 3" but thinking I will set it up like my pro if possible . I will swap my spare driveshaft and drivers and my 2.5 CE and run it like this most of the time. With this motor it will haul ***. Will figure it out for the 3" as time goes.

Do you have any pics of this? Very curious to see...

flying frenchman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 27, 2009
Alberta, Canada
Been using this kick *** set up for 5 years
Paint ain't pretty, it's been 5 years.

Premium Features