• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2.6" x 163 series 6 track on B/O

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
So my dealer tells me that Polaris approved the replacement of my track after the wheels are ripping through the track at the rear of the sled. Now he says the track is on back-order due to supply chain delays. I hope this means they are redesigning to make these tracks more durable?? Does anyone know anything about this delay as he says it could be months?

ps they are replacing the motor mounts too.

Photo 2017-04-08, 1 05 42 PM.jpg IMG_5755.jpg

Last edited:

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
More likely that all of the tracks on order with the vendor are allocated to the production line. Production line is gonna get parts before PG&A. Look at it this way - if all 2.6 deliveries were delayed for months, there are gonna be some late deliveries of 2018 RMK's this year. They can't all be made in a few days. The odds of an improved 2.6 are about the same as Hillary becoming US president. Nice that you're at least getting it warrantied, as you should.

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
All the lightweight tracks seem to develop issues eventually.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
Good to know I had the same exact issue with my 2.6 and just talked to the dealer about warranty on it.

I believe I was keeping the tension quite close to spec. How about you?

Just trying to establish if the factory spec is too tight as I want to be careful this does not happen with the new track.

J
Oct 16, 2011
I believe I was keeping the tension quite close to spec. How about you?

Just trying to establish if the factory spec is too tight as I want to be careful this does not happen with the new track.

I have kept my track at factory spec. I honestly think that the factory tension is too tight. If my warranty goes through and I get a new track I will be fully clipping it and running it looser tha. Factory spec. I have just over 900 miles on mine.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Everyone still under a warranty should be inspecting their track for the rear idler damage. Can't just be one or two. Especially if it's between multiple lugs. Earliest submissions will have the best chance of warranty coverage.

J
Oct 16, 2011
Everyone still under a warranty should be inspecting their track for the rear idler damage. Can't just be one or two. Especially if it's between multiple lugs. Earliest submissions will have the best chance of warranty coverage.

Haha good luck. Just got off the phone with Polaris. They will not be replacing my track and had some seriously bullsh** excuses why. I opened my claim may 1st and just found out today.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
That $ucks. So the word is out within poo. If anyone else beside Teth-Air got their track covered for idler push through, it would be nice if they chimed in.

whoisthatguy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2007
The Challenger Extreme with 3 paddles across, pencils out as having significantly more pulling traction. Of course, you might as well go to a Challenger X3, or Challenger X3.2, and rip your face off.

Premium Features