• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Bent my rails yesterday, what's the best fix?

B
Sep 24, 2009
Yakima Wa
14 M8000 153. Black rails. What to do? New stock rails w/ re-enforcement, Ice age, Ice age bombers, newer style rails, complete susp, newer take-off? Whatever I do, they need to be stronger. It would be great to lose some weight & improve the approach angle & handling since I have to buy new rails anyway.

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
The longer you plan on keeping the sled the more money I'd spend on new rails.

Otherwise, how about checking with a dealer or two to see if they have some take-offs you can get cheap?

IceAge Performance

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Gallatin Gateway, MT
Our standard rail kits are going to be a big jump up in strength over your OEM. They feature ribs that are ~50% larger to greatly improve strength in every direction. That along with a much less aggressive cutout pattern then the OEM in critical strength areas makes our rails significantly stronger in any load scenario for the Proclimb chassis. Also a smoother approach angle in the front doesn't hurt performance as well!

Our stock rails are a big jump over the OEMs for strength. Add rail stiffeners to help bridge the low center section for maxium strength.

Step up to the bombers if you plan on thrashing the sled even harder. Bombers with stiffeners offers the most strength available on the market.

Buying oem replacements? Who would do that ;)

Premium Features