• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

13 pro rmk, mtntk turbo - Indy specialty clutching info anyone?

likkerpig

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Hi guys looking for a little help. I have a 13 pro rmk with mtntk turbo running their baseline setup of like 7lbs riding 6-9000. Currently clutching is their recommended 68g 10 series, almond spring, stock helix spring (if I remember...)

Going to be sending my clutch to Indy specialty for balancing sheaves mod, etc.

Questions I have are:

Anyone running his clutching combo on their pro rmk w/mtntk turbo that could tell me how it performs?

Also looking at doing the Zollinger lightweight cover, ti bolts as well but it's all adding up to a lot of money. Looking for some info about whether or not the zrp cover and to bolts will do anything other than make my wallet lighter.

Thanks for the help!

Phat Cat

Lifetime Membership
Dec 19, 2007
Lacombe, Ab
I have the same sled with 163 stock track Stock quick drive belt. I am running 10-72 weights, almond red spring (165-310) stock secondary. Riding 6000 - 9000 ft I am only reving at about 8000 rpm at about 7 psi boost. I would think that Indy's clutching will work better than what you have. If you really want to experiment search TRS clutching. People say his set up works great. I am going to try it next season. I'm really happy with my MTNTK kit. It runs near perfect! They have the ECU mapping bang on.
Has your MTNTK kit been updated with larger injectors and new map? Also I highly recommend the oil line update kit if you haven't installed it yet.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Phat Cat

Lifetime Membership
Dec 19, 2007
Lacombe, Ab
Oh I forgot to mention that I just got my clutch back from Indy Specialties. It looks great and will be running it next season. Make sure you send the weights that you are going to use with the clutch because they shim the spider to match the weights profile. If you decide to use lightning weights or any others you might want to keep that in mind

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

likkerpig

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Thanks for the quick response!

I've read a majority of that thread, lots of great info there. Call me lazy but I've wasted too much time f'n with clutching. I'm just looking for a legit setup I don't have to mess with. I'm not looking for every last ounce of performance, just a consistently well running machine...which it is. I just figured if I'm going to be sending the clutch in may as well either go all the way or leave it as is. Just wasn't sure if anyone was running it and how the results have been.

Got the same sled as you- 163 stock track qd belt, etc. Not sure about updated tune, it's whatever they sent me when I installed it a few years back. Has bigger injectors and just did the oil line update this past fall. Love this turbo!

Phat Cat

Lifetime Membership
Dec 19, 2007
Lacombe, Ab
Our sleds sound identical then. Maybe I should have done the same with IS clutching but I already bought lighting weights and springs to try TRS clutching. I sent IS a couple emails after I sent my clutch to them with no replies. So if you need to get ahold of them don't waste your time with email. My clutch looks brand new and it has obviously been balanced and machined so I am happy with that. If you do go with IS clutching let me know how you like it. I will also let you know what I think of the TRS clutching.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Premium Features