• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Chain case help

B
Hey guys hope someone out there can help me out. I have a 2015 XM summit and the inner chain case cracked all around the bottom gear.
I need a replacement chain case but the rivets that holds the case to the to the sled don't look like normal rivets.
Is there an aftermarket case with threads so I can use bolts instead of the factory rivets ?
Thanks

J
Mar 10, 2017
Eastern Idaho
My buddy blew up his chain case and ended up going to belt drive, he said it didn't cost that much more than a new chain case, but I am not familiar with any of it myself. Doesn't quite answer your question, but something to consider.

T
Jan 12, 2010
BC
Any pictures of the cracks? Sometimes it may look like cracks but it's just the way it was casted. X2 go belt drive, no more blowing up chain cases. I rather blow a belt than nuke a case.

B
Any pictures of the cracks? Sometimes it may look like cracks but it's just the way it was casted. X2 go belt drive, no more blowing up chain cases. I rather blow a belt than nuke a case.

No pictures yet. I have a C3 belt drive on it now but the inner case housing is cracked so bad the bottom gear moves around and hits the cover. So it's the inner case housing that is riveted to the tunnel that I need to replace.
I was hoping to find an aftermarket chain case housing that was a little stronger than the stock one

F
May 10, 2015
Ski doo use a hemlock rivet to fasten the inner half, if you buy a new one from doo they sell them threaded, just need to buy some machine screws to install the new half!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B
Sep 24, 2009
Yakima Wa
Skidoo sells a plate with threaded studs attached. It's installed from inside of the tunnel with the threaded studs going through the old rivet holes, then through the new chaincase & secured with nuts. Makes it real simple. The plate needs to be ordered in addition to the chaincase.

Premium Features