• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

grippers on xm t3

J

jasonrev

Jan 28, 2008
Burns Lake B.C.
I just put a set on my T3 and I am pretty happy. They seem to be a little more predictable and less squirrely when sidehilling in harder snow. My only complaint is they seem to push more when turning in powder.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

02sedona

Lifetime Membership
Jan 13, 2008
Reno, NV
I'm pretty happy with the gripper skis. I filled up the holes under the rubber ski bushings with epoxy and added a bit more epoxy to the front edge to add some angle to the base. It took out a lot of the play into the Polaris ski rubber on ras2 spindles that I had previously. Happy so far with the epoxy job on the grippers. Was not too happy with stock skis,they dove down too much in a powder turn. Slp powder pros were a improvement in powder but, terrible on trails. The sly dog 8" were great in powder and good on trail, but just ok in heavy sierra cement setup snow.

Goinboardin

Premium Member
Nov 15, 2009
Laramie, WY
I'm pretty happy with the gripper skis. I filled up the holes under the rubber ski bushings with epoxy and added a bit more epoxy to the front edge to add some angle to the base. It took out a lot of the play into the Polaris ski rubber on ras2 spindles that I had previously. Happy so far with the epoxy job on the grippers. Was not too happy with stock skis,they dove down too much in a powder turn. Slp powder pros were a improvement in powder but, terrible on trails. The sly dog 8" were great in powder and good on trail, but just ok in heavy sierra cement setup snow.

I agree that when installing Grippers you'll want to make a nice flat area for the rubbers to push against. I used some aluminum plate, but the epoxy is a good idea too. I did not do this for the first two seasons on the Grippers & always stabbed the rubbers with the spindle. This season I'm still on my first set at about 1000miles.

Blainelukens

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 18, 2010
Bozeman, MT
I really like mine i kinda put this mod off for awhile but wish i would have done it sooner,
-They seem better on the trail
-they hold a line a lot better and don't wash out
-the biggest thing id say is they don't dive and submarine like my ds2's did
-only thing is they do push more in powder turns although I'm sure this is something i will get used to over time
-i feel like these are the best bang for your buck as far as skis go and they are easy to come by

Blainelukens

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 18, 2010
Bozeman, MT
I really like mine i kinda put this mod off for awhile but wish i would have done it sooner,
-They seem better on the trail
-they hold a line a lot better and don't wash out
-the biggest thing id say is they don't dive and submarine like my ds3's did
-only thing is they do push more in powder turns although I'm sure this is something i will get used to over time
-i feel like these are the best bang for your buck as far as skis go and they are easy to come by

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Very happy with the Grippers.
To mount I just used the Polaris bolts, Ski-Doo rubbers and spacers to center the ski. No mods necessary to run the Doo rubbers and so far the rubbers seem to last longer than they do on some aftermarket skis.

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
Ran Grippers on my 2015 XM. Did not notice a real difference between them and DS2s.

Did notice a difference when I got spacers and centered my skis though. Liked it.

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
I am interested in trying the gripper setup as well. What all is needed to install the ski PROPERLY on a 14 Summit X?

Polaris bolts, washers, nuts, Doo rubbers. I used Toms spacers to center the ski, but that's personal preference.
I have also tried Polaris rubbers and modified the ski saddle. I prefer the unmodified saddle with Doo rubbers, much simpler and fits/works better IMO.

Goinboardin

Premium Member
Nov 15, 2009
Laramie, WY
I had no luck on Doo rubbers lasting without modifying the ski saddle. Might be riding style? In 500 miles they were trashed. With a flat base I'm getting over 1000 miles per set. I used a couple washers to take up any slack between the spindle bushing and ski bushings (Polaris ski saddles are slightly wider than Doo spindle bushings.

Premium Features