• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Experienced Axys Silber Owners - Questions??

rbk444

Premium Member
Oct 6, 2008
silber quiet muffler

just curious to know if anyone is getting the quiet muffler from silber yet ,,had 2 kits installed last nov. and was to get quiet mufflers with kits by dec.,,still just empty promises from silber,,not trying to be negative,,just wanting facts

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
They only had so many made for the first run and pretty sure they are all out. Not positive when they next batch will be made.

rbk444

Premium Member
Oct 6, 2008
Thanks for the response ak,,have you had any seat time with the quiet muffler,,if so,any change in performance?,,,thanks

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
They only had so many made for the first run and pretty sure they are all out. Not positive when they next batch will be made.

Kyle,DANG!!!... That standard down pipe is a rattler in that video....
Glad our is not close to being that bad...

I understand that yes, the quiet can was a low production run for mostly low elevation try-out's-and will be avaiable prob summer, according to Justin@ Silber...
Heck I can't even get my hands on one for a 11,000' and up consideration Run....

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
Thanks for the response ak,,have you had any seat time with the quiet muffler,,if so,any change in performance?,,,thanks

Originally the muffler had a plate to direct sounds into the baffle and that did not work. Super quiet but created a bog down low and and did loose a little power of the standard downpipe. With some testing the plate was removed and runs very good now.

A little louder but runs very good and sounds good. Ran it for the weekend in some good conditions and loved it for sure.

LongHorn XC

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Illinois
Originally the muffler had a plate to direct sounds into the baffle and that did not work. Super quiet but created a bog down low and and did loose a little power of the standard downpipe. With some testing the plate was removed and runs very good now.

A little louder but runs very good and sounds good. Ran it for the weekend in some good conditions and loved it for sure.

When was this plate removed for production? I have one that was shipped to me in January. It does seem to have a bog down low, but I was chalking that up to clutching. This is my first Turbo. I'll be doing a clutch kit of some sort once I figure out what route I want to go.

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
When was this plate removed for production? I have one that was shipped to me in January. It does seem to have a bog down low, but I was chalking that up to clutching. This is my first Turbo. I'll be doing a clutch kit of some sort once I figure out what route I want to go.

Get a light and look up from the outlet, let me know if you see it.

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
AK, mine does have that plate. Now what? Am I just SOL?

Nope! Mine had it as well. I just knocked it out, it does get a little louder after it but really has to be done. Just does no perform with it.

I was told to use like a 2" holesaw but could not get it like that so just knocked it out with a little time. Drilled some bigger holes so it could fold up.

LongHorn XC

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Illinois
Nope! Mine had it as well. I just knocked it out, it does get a little louder after it but really has to be done. Just does no perform with it.

I was told to use like a 2" holesaw but could not get it like that so just knocked it out with a little time. Drilled some bigger holes so it could fold up.

Great idea, thanks for the tip!

Premium Features