• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

3 inch track

B
Sep 25, 2013
Provo, Utah
Has anyone ever run a 3 in. track in their 1m? I currently am running the 2.5 ce and also bought a 2.6 power claw. but i'm wondering if a 3 incher would work well or if anyone has done it.

P

pfi572

Nov 29, 2009
North West Alberta
Not my sled but couple guys I know that ran the 1m had a 3 inch on one and the 2.6 cat track on other.
Don't waste the $$$$ on the 3 inch is what they said.
That 2.6 works good.

B

Bacon

Nov 26, 2007
Napoleon, ND
Has anyone ever run a 3 in. track in their 1m? I currently am running the 2.5 ce and also bought a 2.6 power claw. but i'm wondering if a 3 incher would work well or if anyone has done it.

Cut the outer lugs off The 2.6 so it looks like the 3" PC. works better and you lose a couple pounds.

B
Sep 25, 2013
Provo, Utah
I've actually heard the 2.6 works better because of the single finger on the outer edge. I put the 3 inch on and i'll let everyone know how it goes. I also just bought a turbo so I don't know how much seat time the old king will be getting.

C

Copperhed

Sep 12, 2012
Big Horn Mountains, Wyoming
I've actually heard the 2.6 works better because of the single finger on the outer edge. I put the 3 inch on and i'll let everyone know how it goes. I also just bought a turbo so I don't know how much seat time the old king will be getting.

Cool, I would be interested to hear how it works. How did it fit in the tunnel as far as lug height and with the stock drivers?

M
Oct 28, 2016
Montana
2.6 on 03 mountain cat

I just bought an 03 mountain cat 900 with a 2 inch 151 and want to run taller paddles but I don't know if I can clear any tips or tricks to get clearance by the way ballin on a budget.

507Sledz

Jan 27, 2014
Cool, I would be interested to hear how it works. How did it fit in the tunnel as far as lug height and with the stock drivers?

Im also wondering the samething, does the 3" lug fit? or do you need to drop the chaincase?

507Sledz

Jan 27, 2014
Haven't done it myself, but I imagine if it doesn't clear with 8 tooth drivers, it would with 7s. Shouldn't need to drop the chaincase.

Idcatman3,

I plan to get a Van Am tunnel and EZ Ryde Skid, will these two pieces help in anyway on getting clearance?

I have read that Dropping down on tooth drivers can be a bad thing...

Also how does the King Cat run with a 15" wide track vs a 16" wide track?

507Sledz

Jan 27, 2014

Bigtwin900,

Could we get an update on how the king cat ran with the 3" lug and how it fit?

Respectfully: 507Sledz

Idcatman3

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
Idcatman3,

I plan to get a Van Am tunnel and EZ Ryde Skid, will these two pieces help in anyway on getting clearance?

I have read that Dropping down on tooth drivers can be a bad thing...

Also how does the King Cat run with a 15" wide track vs a 16" wide track?

Skid won't help, depending on the tunnel it might. We've got a tunnel with a rise in it, but that takes more work to install. Dropping a tooth on the drivers isn't ideal, and you'd want to re-gear when you do it, but it's not that bad.

We have never run a 16" track on our King Cats, just 15s.

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
I run a 3" with 7T drivers. Works awesome. 16" wide. I had a 2.5" on it and it's a step up for sure. Same difference I saw on my M-Series as well.
Better all around except for when you want to get some trackspin to pull a ****ty around a tree or to avoid a treewell. Damn thing just hooks up and finds traction. I run skid mounted scratchers and had to install ski scratchers to keep temps down on the trails.

Premium Features