• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Impulse 850 turbo Kit

Z
Oct 8, 2003
Utah
-New Garrett Gtx 2860 Gen 2. This little monster flows well over 40 lb min (400 hp) while retaining the 2860 frame. More importantly it has nearly a 3.9 pressure ratio which keeps it incredibly effecient at high elevation.
-Tial turbine housing
-Tial Blow off valve
-Tial Wastegate
-Impulse ECU
-Cold air intake
-Impulse clutching
-Boost and O2 gauges with mount.
$6750

Paul has the kit tuned and kits ready to ship. Throttle response is amazing. Please call the number below with any questions. Sorry video isn't the best, we'll have more shortly.

ofdanm.jpg

http://i67.tinypic.com/1znyivd.jpg[/IMG

[IMG]http://i67.tinypic.com/fdhdok.jpg

1znyivd.jpg

https://youtu.be/5I83bUgu0YQ

yamiman

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
ND
Wow!!! Looks great!! Can't wait to rip on one of those!

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
Man that thing sounds too loud :( Have you guys got the over revving issues that you had with the XM's figured out?

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
Was told the G4 850 at 8lbs is equal to the Etec 800 at 10lbs.. That's a pretty decent gain for the extra 50cc. And taking a bit more fuel per lb of boost over Etec

silver_bullet

Premium Member
Oct 27, 2009
Mountain West
Man that thing sounds too loud :( Have you guys got the over revving issues that you had with the XM's figured out?
I ran an Impulse kit all last year at 9 to 11 pounds (1900) miles and never had any rev issues. Yes it is loud but having an external waste gate is worth it! That's why good ear buds and some killer music is the route!!! Good work Paul. Can't wait to pick mine up tonight.

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
I ran an Impulse kit all last year at 9 to 11 pounds (1900) miles and never had any rev issues. Yes it is loud but having an external waste gate is worth it! That's why good ear buds and some killer music is the route!!! Good work Paul. Can't wait to pick mine up tonight.

I don't think had the issues up high. The issues were lower elevation. 3500-6500'.

hobbes

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
I don't think had the issues up high. The issues were lower elevation. 3500-6500'.

Over rev has nothing to do with a turbo kit. And everything to do with your clutching and gearing. A quick spooling, highly efficient turbo kit will obviously accentuate any weakness you have with clutching, but if anyone has "over rev issues" with any kit, it's because they aren't clutched properly. Unfortunately if your clutching and gearing aren't spot on with the 800 Etec, you can run into its crazy low hard rev limiter at 8350. The 850 is different story however. I've heard of some guys running them at 8300 rpm on boost with max recalls of several hundred rpm higher than that without hitting even a soft limiter. This motor is intriguing, and boosting it is going to be interesting.

J

jim

Nov 26, 2007
Boise
That motor sounds incredible on boost. And not just this video...all the boost videos I've been watching on this sled/motor sound incredible. Appears to have instant spool and no misses. Will be cool to see how durable and consistent a boosted 850 is over time with the motor changes they made. And that left turn 180 degree whip-around on that video posted...talk about agile. Cool sled.

Premium Features