• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

BD SIDEKICK HELP

M
Feb 19, 2008
Montana
No rev like plugs are fouled but they are ok. Its for sure running rich since i added oil to fuel per destructions. i was at low elevation today roughly 6000ft and had recommended 1-2-2-1 weight setup. Not very impressed. Would have rather rode my wifes 600 polaris than this gutless turd. ANY help is greatly appreciated!!! Ive checked all the connections which a lot of fun at -10 deg with the sweet hood cat has. Why cant a hood open??? Theres a marvel idea!

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Unhook BD box from ECU plug back in like it was stock see if it revs and runs right if so you have sensor bad in BD Box. I had to do
This on my Axys

M
Feb 19, 2008
Montana
update

after some more miles plugging unplugging on and off with the retardED hood system the only real changes ive made were stock primary spring back in. engagement went way down to about 3800 rpm and it seems to rev and hold rs at over 9000 ft. bd says the want it turning 8350-8520 and im pretty close to that. i still think its a little weak out of the hole but its getting better and better.

K
Jan 1, 2016
17mtn cat BD sidekick

Talked to BD this morning, told me to check my waste gate which makes sense...hoping this solves it..anyone else have this??

badaltitude

Lifetime Membership
Jan 24, 2010
north dakota
Adjust the rod from the actuator to the gate, with the exhaust off. Should be seated up, but so you can just barely spin the gate against the seat by hand. Mine was loose af from bd, makes a big difference when adjusted properly mine was bumped in shipping or packaging, the wg actuator rod was bent and the gate had about .060" or more free play.

Premium Features