• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Hey guys how good is the 2006 900 liberty by polaris

S
Dec 14, 2016
Hi guys ..just wondering is there any problems with the 2006 900 liberty..I am looking at getting one
.last sled I had was a 1999rmk 700..that was a great sled...now it is 12 years ago since I was riding.
But getting the itch to ride again..but mountain. Not prairies..can anyone give me info on this sled please..before I buy..I appreciate all your info
.I am living on vancouver island..and what is the warmest temp can I run this machine
.it has been awhile
.thanks guys..

tinkerjohnson

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2008
Southern utah
Hi guys ..just wondering is there any problems with the 2006 900 liberty..I am looking at getting one
.last sled I had was a 1999rmk 700..that was a great sled...now it is 12 years ago since I was riding.
But getting the itch to ride again..but mountain. Not prairies..can anyone give me info on this sled please..before I buy..I appreciate all your info
.I am living on vancouver island..and what is the warmest temp can I run this machine
.it has been awhile
.thanks guys..

They only made that engine for two years. They were not that great, your 99 700 was a much better engine. I would stay away from it that's my .02

tuneman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2013
Minnesota
www.everettsports.net
Do you mean the '06 900 RMK? It's the worst mountain sled ever built by Polaris. Only made one year because it was such a failure. Shook the fillings out of your teeth, steering was horrible, the front cooler would plug up with snow and cause the engine to overheat, the suitcase muffler will give you a hernia if you try to lift it, the front track shock was worthless. I could go on.... Even if you get it for free, put a match to it and walk away.

J
May 20, 2013
Eastern Or
I've had a couple of buddies buy them after I tried talking them out of them the first had two bad crank shafts and the second ran ok but it was so heavy you couldn't hardly get around in The backcountry. If it ever got stuck you had to fight it by yourself because they were so heavy Save yourself the headache and buy like a older lower mileage M series, solid motor solid chassis way easier to ride and way easier on your back.

R
Nov 27, 2007
Northern California
First off wrong forum. There is an IQ chassis specific section where you can get lots of info on the old 900's.

The 900 was made for 2 years, not one. It does not have a very good reputation at all, but some people that had them that were setup well really liked them. I was one of them, I had an '05 151 Anniversary addition with a bunch of stuff done to it. No front radiator, SLP torque arm, RKtek head SLP pipe/can, geared down, and probably more. That thing had torque like an animal and wasn't any heavier really than my '03 Vertical Escape. I put 2300 miles on that thing with little trouble. Yeah it vibrated but you get used to that, and I do miss the adjustable handlebars. I miss tilting the bars all the way back, sitting down on the seat, and riding back comfortably after a long day of hard riding.

Zrider

Lifetime Membership
May 7, 2003
Sparks, NV
Tuneman pretty much summed it up. That roach was a PILE! I know a couple of guys that had them and they gave them away via donation just to get rid of them.

mtncat1

Lifetime Membership
Oct 19, 2008
south jordan ut.
you can buy them in great shape in utah for 1800 bucks or less .they had a terrible reputation . if you buy it and it breaks it wouldn't be worth fixing . and it will probably break. fyi

Premium Features