• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SNOWEST New Feature, "My Forum"

Brian

Lifetime Membership
Aug 17, 2009
Ogden, UT
This one should be absolutely awesome... You can now create your own PERSONALIZED view of the Snowest forums based on the forums YOU like to visit.

Here's how it works:

---[ Step 1 -- Subscribe to all your favorite forums ]----
A. Go to the Main Forum Index (http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/index.php) and click on your favorite forum(s) to open them.

B. Find the menu labeled "Forum Tools" (it's on the top-right of the actual list of threads in the forum). Click the menu, and choose "Subscribe to this forum".

C. You probably don't want email alerts.. so choose "No email notification" and click "Add subscription

D. Repeat until you've done this to EACH of the forums you want to keep track of.

---[ Step 2 -- Enjoy ]---------------------

On the top-left corner of your screen, you'll see the drop-down menu for "Forum" (on the main navigation bar). Click this, and then choose "My Forum".

The result will be a SINGLE VIEW with ALL The posts from ALL the forums you've subscribed to. YOU MAY WANT TO BOOKMARK THIS PAGE!!!

(Note: ALL Snowest members have automatically been subscribed to the "Announcements" forum).

ENJOY!

Last edited by a moderator:
S
(Note: ALL Snowest members have automatically been subscribed to the "Announcements" forum).

Good idea, better than getting spammed with PM's.

One glitch though:

Clicking on the green thumbs up icon sent me to some random post in the trucks/trailering forum. (I was reading the announcement from another forum.) I had to actually go to the announcement forum, then go to this post in order for it to work properly.

Edit: No other replies show up either, it's probably something to do with just seeing this thread from other forums (and only seeing this post.) The "My Forum" thing doesn't affect it.

Last edited:

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
Finally! ok ok things are looking up

thanks! yeah I said it

thanks

Funny part is people will most likely make there view exactly like how the old Snowest was.

lol

R

RMK7SledHead

Oct 20, 2001
strong work. Looks good! This is the only forum I don't use the "new posts" option for, and now I can get all my posts easier!

Chief

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
SL,UT
When using this feature and then clicking on the "go to first unread post" button on the "My Forum" thread list I get a HTTP 404 error: page can not be found.

I've also noticed that if I've read the thread, exited the browser, and them gone back into the "my Forum" page that unmodified threads I've just read are highlighed as updated since my last visit, but in fact are not. Can this also be corrected?

Thanks,
Rich

Last edited:

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
When using this feature and then clicking on the "go to first unread post" button on the "My Forum" thread list I get a HTTP 404 error: page can not be found.

I've also noticed that if I've read the thread, exited the browser, and them gone back into the "my Forum" page that unmodified threads I've just read are highlighed as updated since my last visit, but in fact are not. Can this also be corrected?

Thanks,
Rich
Will go hunting and see if we can find an explanation for what is causing this to happen to you.

G

ghostwhite

Feb 12, 2009
Baghdad, Iraq

Thanks,
Rich

This is the exact same thing that is happening to me. love the feature except this

Premium Features