• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Alpha gain weight????

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
So what is the deal - AC tick up the weights on the Alpha after the snowcheck deadline? Currently the websigt says the following (3" 153/154 class):

Alpha - 446 (thought it use to say 437)
Sno Pro - 447
MC - 457
HC - 438

Would be great hearing how the HC is 10lbs lighter with the beefy rail supports and coils. What makes the MC so heavy? Why did the Alpha gain 9lbs from what was originally posted?

Apparently Textron has not taken over the marketing department......:face-icon-small-con

badaltitude

Lifetime Membership
Jan 24, 2010
north dakota
I’m sure it’s another mistake. No way the hc is lighter and the alpha “should” be 15 lbs lighter than the Mc with the track and skid and the rest of the sled being the same. Wonderful cat website. The 165 tunnel on the 154 sled photoshop hack job still throws people too. The web site team should be ran off.

Old & slow

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2017
Alberta
I’m sure it’s another mistake. No way the hc is lighter and the alpha “should” be 15 lbs lighter than the Mc with the track and skid and the rest of the sled being the same. Wonderful cat website. The 165 tunnel on the 154 sled photoshop hack job still throws people too. The web site team should be ran off.

From what I remember the Alpha weight was 444/449, 12 lbs less than the M/C. The 154/165 tunnel has been corrected, maybe we should give them another chance? I know the details are important but IMHO the product on the snow is what matters. That's why the test rides were so critical for sales, I have yet to read where someone didn't like the sled. Personally if this was my year to upgrade. I would have rode the demo and based my decision on that ride, not on a website that is subject to change with out notice.

Edit The US website has been corrected, but the Canadian English version is still the same. So it looks like A/C is listening and working on corrections.

Last edited:

Clutched Films

Lifetime Membership
Advertised Weight VS Actual Weight

I don't think any manufacturer has correct advertised weights. I'm gunna laugh when some1 does on the snow weights that Alpha kitty will be the lightest sled on the hill. Ever sense I can remember they where always heavy or way heavy haha. Good job Cat & I Can't wait to have a full season on the Alpha1!!!

badaltitude

Lifetime Membership
Jan 24, 2010
north dakota
From what I remember the Alpha weight was 444/449, 12 lbs less than the M/C. The 154/165 tunnel has been corrected, maybe we should give them another chance? I know the details are important but IMHO the product on the snow is what matters. That's why the test rides were so critical for sales, I have yet to read where someone didn't like the sled. Personally if this was my year to upgrade. I would have rode the demo and based my decision on that ride, not on a website that is subject to change with out notice.

Edit The US website has been corrected, but the Canadian English version is still the same. So it looks like A/C is listening and working on corrections.

Originally it was 437/444 for the weights. I havnt looked at the website lately as I ordered one rite away and havnt looked at the site since. I don’t really get caught up in the weight game, I prefer to go by actual performance and durability. Either way I hope they get their website ironed out, it’s a little sketchy in my opinion.

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
Originally it was 437/444 for the weights. I havnt looked at the website lately as I ordered one rite away and havnt looked at the site since. I don’t really get caught up in the weight game, I prefer to go by actual performance and durability. Either way I hope they get their website ironed out, it’s a little sketchy in my opinion.

Yep by no means a deal breaker just sloppy. Should not be that way. I can’t wait until next fall.

Big10inch

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2018
Yep by no means a deal breaker just sloppy. Should not be that way. I can’t wait until next fall.

I would rather deal with cats wonky website and quality machines than Poo's nice website and wonky engines...

TNTCOPP

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Buckley, WA
In this day and age and the kind of high dollar money backing that Cat has from Textron there are no excuses for an effed up website. Second chances , seriously? How many years has their website been screwed up now and had outdated or mis-information?

It's a good thing they have dependable, good performing sleds or they would surely go under relying on their marketing team and website.

Don't get me wrong , they are getting better, but the Cat followers have just become accustomed to their short-comings in certain departments.

tenacious84

Lifetime Membership
Nov 19, 2010
The 154/165 tunnel has been corrected, maybe we should give them another chance?

Not sure what website you are looking at, but I'm on the US website right now and it still looks the same as before. When you toggle between the 154 and 165 length sleds, the tunnel looks to be the same length and the 154 has a shorter suspension/track under it. Then going to the Canadian (english) version it just shows the 154 for both lengths.

Last edited:

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
It’ll take some time for textron yo work out all the bugs cat left them. I really don’t ever look at the website so have no idea what your talking about. Since I’ve been weighing sleds, non of the manufacturers published weights are ever that close to what gets sent out to ya anyway.

High Country

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2008
Canada
So what is the deal - AC tick up the weights on the Alpha after the snowcheck deadline? Currently the websigt says the following (3" 153/154 class):

Alpha - 446 (thought it use to say 437)
Sno Pro - 447
MC - 457
HC - 438

Would be great hearing how the HC is 10lbs lighter with the beefy rail supports and coils. What makes the MC so heavy? Why did the Alpha gain 9lbs from what was originally posted?

Apparently Textron has not taken over the marketing department......:face-icon-small-con

the weights changed online prior to spring order deadline....a week or two prior.
I agree they seem off. the Alpha should be the lightest not the Hardcore.
did you see Scandinavian countries Alpha is called the Hardcore Alpha ....interesting

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
the weights changed online prior to spring order deadline....a week or two prior.
I agree they seem off. the Alpha should be the lightest not the Hardcore.
did you see Scandinavian countries Alpha is called the Hardcore Alpha ....interesting
In European countries, the Hardcore is the equivalent to Mountain Cat here in the U.S.
Seems like the appropriate name for that continent.

Premium Features