For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Polaris: TURBO Turbo discussion for Polaris aftermarket turbo sleds

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2016, 07:06 PM
Currently: Not set.
pappabruce has a reputation beyond reputepappabruce has a reputation beyond reputepappabruce has a reputation beyond reputepappabruce has a reputation beyond reputepappabruce has a reputation beyond reputepappabruce has a reputation beyond reputepappabruce has a reputation beyond reputepappabruce has a reputation beyond reputepappabruce has a reputation beyond reputepappabruce has a reputation beyond reputepappabruce has a reputation beyond repute
Default More boost from boondocker side kick axys

Was talking with boondocker today and was informed they have a switch to increase your base boost pressure by 2lbs. It connects to the unused two prong connector on the side kick box, and can still run pump gas at elevations above 5000'. It is not advertised on their website, and is $29.99. Needless to say I have one coming!

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pappabruce For This Useful Post:
M8Chris (01-14-2016), Scott (01-15-2016), wellfed777 (01-14-2016)
Old 01-14-2016, 07:11 PM
Crazyj700 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyj700 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyj700 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyj700 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyj700 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyj700 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyj700 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyj700 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyj700 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyj700 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyj700 has a reputation beyond repute

I'll be getting one of those

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 01-15-2016, 06:50 AM
Iceman56 has a reputation beyond reputeIceman56 has a reputation beyond reputeIceman56 has a reputation beyond reputeIceman56 has a reputation beyond reputeIceman56 has a reputation beyond reputeIceman56 has a reputation beyond reputeIceman56 has a reputation beyond reputeIceman56 has a reputation beyond reputeIceman56 has a reputation beyond reputeIceman56 has a reputation beyond reputeIceman56 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappabruce View Post
Was talking with boondocker today and was informed they have a switch to increase your base boost pressure by 2lbs. It connects to the unused two prong connector on the side kick box, and can still run pump gas at elevations above 5000'. It is not advertised on their website, and is $29.99. Needless to say I have one coming!
So why isn't it set like that to begin with? Why wouldn't the EBC adjust for the elevation? So would be almost 9psi on pump gas without IC? Just sounds kinda fishy to me, interested to see how it turns out keep us posted

The Following User Says Thank You to Iceman56 For This Useful Post:
rlt504 (01-23-2016)
Old 01-15-2016, 09:35 AM
pappabruce has a reputation beyond reputepappabruce has a reputation beyond reputepappabruce has a reputation beyond reputepappabruce has a reputation beyond reputepappabruce has a reputation beyond reputepappabruce has a reputation beyond reputepappabruce has a reputation beyond reputepappabruce has a reputation beyond reputepappabruce has a reputation beyond reputepappabruce has a reputation beyond reputepappabruce has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman56 View Post
So why isn't it set like that to begin with? Why wouldn't the EBC adjust for the elevation? So would be almost 9psi on pump gas without IC? Just sounds kinda fishy to me, interested to see how it turns out keep us posted
They told me not to use the higher boost until engine is completely broke in, and I suppose (just assuming) but the kit was designed to run pump gas at all elevations and this increase in boost they said only use at above 5000' or you will have mix race gas to use below 5000' so it allows the user to have control of that. And the ebc dose adjust for elevation this switch just sets the base boost pressure a little higher. And I hear ya, I'm not a turbo genius but 9psi on pump gas and no inter cooler dose sound like a little to much, but for 30 bucks I'm going to try it and see what happens. Worst case is I I just won't be able to use it and out 30 bucks.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pappabruce For This Useful Post:
Iceman56 (01-15-2016), Scott (01-15-2016)
Old 01-15-2016, 10:32 AM
Currently: ACTIVELY defend your right to ride.
Polaris & Montana Moderator
Thanked 7,992 Times in 4,621 Posts
Scott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappabruce View Post
They told me not to use the higher boost until engine is completely broke in, and I suppose (just assuming) but the kit was designed to run pump gas at all elevations and this increase in boost they said only use at above 5000' or you will have mix race gas to use below 5000' so it allows the user to have control of that. And the ebc dose adjust for elevation this switch just sets the base boost pressure a little higher. And I hear ya, I'm not a turbo genius but 9psi on pump gas and no inter cooler dose sound like a little to much, but for 30 bucks I'm going to try it and see what happens. Worst case is I I just won't be able to use it and out 30 bucks.
$30 to try.
$200 in pistons to get the results. LOL

In all seriousness, PLEASE report back on what you find. Interested to hear.

Ambassador for:
FB & IG: Scott Stiegler

Honestly, Honey!!! The shop paid for these mods. They sponsor me now. Really!

Check out these cool products:

Old 01-15-2016, 11:38 AM
Currently: Loving the new axys!
Hitman450 has a reputation beyond reputeHitman450 has a reputation beyond reputeHitman450 has a reputation beyond reputeHitman450 has a reputation beyond reputeHitman450 has a reputation beyond reputeHitman450 has a reputation beyond reputeHitman450 has a reputation beyond reputeHitman450 has a reputation beyond reputeHitman450 has a reputation beyond reputeHitman450 has a reputation beyond reputeHitman450 has a reputation beyond repute

I just installed my new sidekick pump gas kit on my new axys. I've put a couple hundred miles on it bone stock. I also got the push to pass toggle switch installed on my sled during install. It has two modes. Normal boost and then 2 more pounds. You can definately notice a difference with the switch. I also received a adjustable wastegate on my kit. Should be a riot.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
The Following User Says Thank You to Hitman450 For This Useful Post:
M8Chris (01-19-2016)
Old 01-15-2016, 10:04 PM
Basic Member
code red has a reputation beyond reputecode red has a reputation beyond reputecode red has a reputation beyond reputecode red has a reputation beyond reputecode red has a reputation beyond reputecode red has a reputation beyond reputecode red has a reputation beyond reputecode red has a reputation beyond reputecode red has a reputation beyond reputecode red has a reputation beyond reputecode red has a reputation beyond repute

i just got this switch and it should be getting tried tomorrow on my buddies sled, (Im still on a pro this year) if we make it out tomorrow ill post updates.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to code red For This Useful Post:
2007dragonman (02-05-2016), M8Chris (01-15-2016), wellfed777 (01-16-2016)
Old 11-12-2017, 08:55 PM
Basic Member
havsp has a reputation beyond reputehavsp has a reputation beyond reputehavsp has a reputation beyond reputehavsp has a reputation beyond reputehavsp has a reputation beyond reputehavsp has a reputation beyond reputehavsp has a reputation beyond reputehavsp has a reputation beyond reputehavsp has a reputation beyond reputehavsp has a reputation beyond reputehavsp has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone have any longer term reviews of the switch? Are they still making it?

Old 11-14-2017, 04:04 AM
Basic Member
TeamFFL is an unknown quantity at this point
Default No switch

I was curious to so I emailed boondocker only available for the st control box not the sidekick

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TeamFFL For This Useful Post:
mountainhorse (11-14-2017), skydog77777 (11-14-2017)
Old 01-03-2018, 05:14 AM
Basic Member
Chad steele is an unknown quantity at this point
Old 01-04-2018, 04:35 AM
Basic Member
Staple_STI has a reputation beyond reputeStaple_STI has a reputation beyond reputeStaple_STI has a reputation beyond reputeStaple_STI has a reputation beyond reputeStaple_STI has a reputation beyond reputeStaple_STI has a reputation beyond reputeStaple_STI has a reputation beyond reputeStaple_STI has a reputation beyond reputeStaple_STI has a reputation beyond reputeStaple_STI has a reputation beyond reputeStaple_STI has a reputation beyond repute
Warning You Must be a registered member and logged in to view this response.

Click Here to Register

Old 01-09-2018, 04:47 PM
nater24 has a reputation beyond reputenater24 has a reputation beyond reputenater24 has a reputation beyond reputenater24 has a reputation beyond reputenater24 has a reputation beyond reputenater24 has a reputation beyond reputenater24 has a reputation beyond reputenater24 has a reputation beyond reputenater24 has a reputation beyond reputenater24 has a reputation beyond reputenater24 has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 01-09-2018, 09:58 PM

Click Here to Register

Old 01-10-2018, 05:23 PM
nater24 has a reputation beyond reputenater24 has a reputation beyond reputenater24 has a reputation beyond reputenater24 has a reputation beyond reputenater24 has a reputation beyond reputenater24 has a reputation beyond reputenater24 has a reputation beyond reputenater24 has a reputation beyond reputenater24 has a reputation beyond reputenater24 has a reputation beyond reputenater24 has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 02-04-2018, 12:49 AM
Basic Member
Chad steele is an unknown quantity at this point

Click Here to Register

Old 02-05-2018, 02:34 PM
Thanked 1,472 Times in 611 Posts
madmax has a reputation beyond reputemadmax has a reputation beyond reputemadmax has a reputation beyond reputemadmax has a reputation beyond reputemadmax has a reputation beyond reputemadmax has a reputation beyond reputemadmax has a reputation beyond reputemadmax has a reputation beyond reputemadmax has a reputation beyond reputemadmax has a reputation beyond reputemadmax has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 02-05-2018, 03:15 PM
Hardass has a reputation beyond reputeHardass has a reputation beyond reputeHardass has a reputation beyond reputeHardass has a reputation beyond reputeHardass has a reputation beyond reputeHardass has a reputation beyond reputeHardass has a reputation beyond reputeHardass has a reputation beyond reputeHardass has a reputation beyond reputeHardass has a reputation beyond reputeHardass has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 02-05-2018, 03:18 PM
Hardass has a reputation beyond reputeHardass has a reputation beyond reputeHardass has a reputation beyond reputeHardass has a reputation beyond reputeHardass has a reputation beyond reputeHardass has a reputation beyond reputeHardass has a reputation beyond reputeHardass has a reputation beyond reputeHardass has a reputation beyond reputeHardass has a reputation beyond reputeHardass has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 02-10-2018, 10:57 PM

Click Here to Register