• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

To buy ABS pack or not?***Poll***

To Buy ABS pack or not

• Total voters

Blu Du

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2008
Nisswa Mn.
once you have one then ride without you will feel naked and unsafe without it.

P
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls
I'm looking to buy one this fall but was leaning more to the Snowpulse. I like the head protection and refillable canisters.

Any comments or experience with these? I think they're a little tough to get in the states, finding only a dealer in Canadia close, every other dealer is in yurp.

A
Nov 26, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Having only been in the sledding scene for two seasons now I always thought that it probably wasn't necessary to have a an avalache pack but after having the devistation of an avalanche hit so close to home last season I will be buying one prior to this season. I wish the cost would come down a little more but safety should be at the top of everyones list.

Does anybody know where a guy can get the best price on an Impulse pack?

J

JHG

Jan 29, 2008
Elizabeth, CO/Bozeman, MT
I'm looking to buy one this fall but was leaning more to the Snowpulse. I like the head protection and refillable canisters.

Any comments or experience with these? I think they're a little tough to get in the states, finding only a dealer in Canadia close, every other dealer is in yurp.

Look in to the pack BCA is supposed to release this year, it will have overhead protection but better visibility when deployed than the snowpulse. MSRP is below $400.

O

Ore-sno

Dec 14, 2007
Northeast Oregon
This is the year for me as well. We have been making a few trips To Island Park and talking about Revy. I have put it off for far to long, no more pushing my luck.

I

Insaneboltrounder/sjohns

Nov 26, 2007
There always deals on used ones , no reason not to own one. What other sled gear can you buy and then sell in a heartbeat if you want to? If you are too cheap to buy one , dont think of it as money gone. Spend say 700 on a used one , decide you dont want it in a few years i bet you get 500 for it without effort. So you "wasted " 200 bucks over a period of 3 years for something that could very possibly save your life. Sounds cheap when its put that way. sj

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I held out for two years now, but with the sale this summer at Rexburg Motor Sports, I just couldn't resist any longer.

C

cowboysedge

Apr 3, 2005
Soda Springs, Idaho
I bought two this summer, an escape 15 for my wife and 30 for myself. After the deaths of our three friends from an avy last Feb. I have seen the light and think that you can never have enough avalanche knowledge and equipment.

I bought them both pre owned but not deployed during an avy, from good people here on snowest. I paid $550 for the 15 and $600 for the 30.

Pretty cheap if it will bring me home alive just once if needed.

I have seen the affects that the white snow monster has on family and friends first hand and I will never forget it.:brokenheart:

R
Nov 27, 2007
Plain City, UT
I as well have been holding out but since all my riding buddy's have them now and with the awsome deal I got at Rexburg Motor Sports it was time to step up to the plate and get one. Oh and it was nice that the wife said I had to buy one this year with the purchase of the new turbo sled.

Premium Features