• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

14 M8000 flooding issue?

S
Dec 7, 2007
Elkhorn NE
I rode Cooke City last week, on the third day (sled was out side entire time, temp in teens to below zero at night) I started it let it run for 8 to 10 minutes did not move or run track. Went to eat breakfast, 30 minutes later the sled started then died, would not restart. I pulled fuel line and tested spark, each were not issue. On the proclimb from the mag side panel there is just enough room to remove one spark plug, pulled it, was wet. Someone said put in a new plug and see what happens, did that started on one pull. I never had this issue in 20 plus years of riding efi sleds. Sled is stock, I think if I would have run sled up to operating temp at first start up I probably would not have had this issue.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Squeeze the throttle a little bit when pulling the rope. Probably would have fired.
All my Zuke 800's needed the throttle lever squeeze to start. From 2009-2014.

Alpha ......

S
Dec 7, 2007
Elkhorn NE
Squeeze the throttle a little bit when pulling the rope. Probably would have fired.
All my Zuke 800's needed the throttle lever squeeze to start. From 2009-2014.

Alpha ......

Tried that, I did get it to try and start, only ran for a second. I wonder if running for the 5 minutes or so created heat then the single digit temps caused some moisture in the cylinder/spark plugs. I thought my day was done, would not get any signs of starting after several pulls from 3 different guys.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
ethanol fuel? i notice mine not fire up as easy on ethanol premium vs. the non I usually run.

Premium Features