• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Adjusting forks in triple clamps??

Klutch

Premium Member
Dec 9, 2007
So I understand that you can move the forks up and down in the clamps to adjust for ski pressure.

I have an aro 137 kit installed on my 2018 350xcf. Going to try it out for the first time next weekend. I learned months ago when I Rode the bike in the dirt, that the new aer forks are longer than the previous 4cs forks and the current xplor forks on the xcw's. I believe 13mm longer than the 4cs and 19mm longer than the xplor forks. I have a 2018 300xcw as well. So I moved the forks up in the clamps on the 350 (up 20mm plus 2 lines showing on the forks) to match distance from the top of the clamps to the center of the front axle as the 300. This made the 350 act more like the 300 in the tight technical stuff and hill climbs.

So the question is, do I leave them moved up in the clamps? Or is this gonna cause me not to have enough ski pressure? Just not sure if timbersled took into account the length of the current forks.

E
Dec 19, 2007
If it feels like a 300 now I would say that's a good thing. Being it's a long track if there isn't enough ski pressure you will notice it plow instead of turn. I highly recommend if this is your first time adjusting forks try it at both extremes on the same day same conditions so you can feel for yourself how it effects your bike setup. It's so easy to change I don't know why people are afraid to try it...

A
Nov 14, 2017
My group has moved their forks up and down and have noticed big changes in the handling. Everyone liked something a little different and all you can do is move them around until you find your favorite setup.

Premium Features