• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

trail tech vapor Questions

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
I'm trying to install a trail tech vapor on my 16 YZ450. I'm having some trouble with the tach wire install tried a bunch of different wrap configurations with no good results RPMS are all over the place 800- 1400. do I need to set the PPS setting different ? any advise would be appreciated.

also anyone install a separate small 12 v battery to run the gauge? seems like that might be a good option

C
Mar 9, 2017
Lethbridge, AB
loving my voyager. made a custom mount for it today from nothing but a flat piece of steel, a 5" cordless grinder, vice and a hammer. took 4 hours. works awesome. my ROX risers and LED headlight up front made it tight for space but I made it work.

R
Apr 18, 2016
I have a voyager on My XR650, it's O.K. but I don't like how small all of the trail tech wires are. They are difficult to work with and if not properly protected can get ripped out. I had all of mine attached under zero tension into the rest of the Harness. I caught the power supply cord on a branch even though it was hidden behind an 8" race light. I didn't know because it switched over to battery backup but went dead after a bit. I ended up running about 400 miles of the Baja off of memory from prerunning. I missed about a dozen virtual checkpoints and got dinked for speeding in a 25mph zone...still finished which was my only real goal.

We were going to run the 1000 this year but the guy who likes to pay ran into family emergencies and it isn't important enough for me to want to shell out that much cash. We were going to run a completely different system for GPS.

mrsnow

Premium Member
Dec 30, 2008
Sensitivity

Don’t know of sensitivity but instead I found I needed only 3 wraps of the sensor wire around the spark plug wire to settle my tack down

mrsnow

Premium Member
Dec 30, 2008
Mounting

This is how I mounted my vapor to protect it a little. For some reason it’s upside down guess I’ll figure it out

2EE44AF4-7187-4993-9BAA-4F9DEB9168C0.jpg

Last edited:
Premium Features