• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Front fender

P
Nov 28, 2007
Yukon Canada
Yes it is easier to ride -- not sure why ,guess it always points the same way as your ski?? I did both and it takes a bit to get used to not having a fender.

I like the look better and just simply prefer to ride with it on. :face-icon-small-dis Not sure if this helps anyone.

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
It adds 10 horse power to my bike...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

BendBrapp

Lifetime Membership
Nov 11, 2015
It can act like a bumper of sorts. Mine has saved an unknown number of other parts. Nice affordable crumple zone. I believe it can also shield some snow face shots in deep snow.

C
Mar 9, 2017
Lethbridge, AB
im sure it helps once in a while deflect snow. I know on a dirtbike, my front fender was tweaked about 1/2" once and it made life hell. my front tire roosted my face/googles ALL fkn day long. I was ready to snap. didnt realize how much work that front fender did. I bet it helps more with the snow than youd realize.

what is it hurting is the real question?

remove it to shave 4oz of weight and make the bike look stupid?

chumbilly1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2007
I think the super motard fenders are the best on snowbike personally.

AK1000

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2008
Anchortown
Not positive if it helps keep the snow roost but does give you a snow depth check when you plunge thru, im on my 3rd this season and now I just cut them shorter like a supermoto and they last longer.
Damn trees!:face-icon-small-dis

B
Here is the proof that the fender does block snow from the motor/bike/rider:

I don't worry at all about the front fender possibly breaking in the snow. I don't even worry about it breaking it riding in the woods, on the dirt, where I'm way more likely to break it. If it ever breaks, I'll buy a new one but I'm not going to take it off to save it from possibly breaking.

I know it helps from the white-wash in deep powder.

Front Fender .jpg

Last edited:

mrsnow

Premium Member
Dec 30, 2008
Fender

Have always ridden without. Don’t notice any overbearing snow roost. But really snow in the face that’s terrible. mounted my lite where the fender was made it easy plus can have the handle bar bag on without covering the lite. I prefere the no fender look.

CATSLEDMAN1

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Missoula, Montana
fender dilenma

I ran a wr for 4 years without a fender, liked it, why drag more weight around, my KTM riding friends didn't like it.

On my KTM, I have the fender, hate to offend my riding partners, a small concession to make for friendship. Its just in the way, does keep me from staring at my ski all the time.

S
Sep 28, 2014
Works awesome to spear your buddy in the face when he is pulling you out. Thanks for the pull, friend! Also works great to completely wad you up in the brush and trees. Bring a saw, first time you are tangled up in a tree, cut the fender off. No more issues and you saved a tree, your now saving the planet! May slightly keep snow away from your face in very deep powder, but who doesn't like face shots? Front fender on a snowbike is useless, made to keep dirt contained slinging off a spinning round tire, not a ski.
Try telling the AMA flat track guys at the Sacramento mile they look stupid banging bars at 120mph without a fender, they are way faster and have much bigger family jewels than you on your little snowtercycle!

M
Oct 12, 2017
Toronto
Enough of this "my .... is bigger than your ...." To each his own. If the front fender makes you feel like you've got a reference point - more power to you. I like having the front fender. I think it looks cool and keeps the deep snow off. I think those flat trackers look like tools with their fender-less bikes and visor-less helmets. Oops, just did a "my .... is bigger than your ....":face-icon-small-sho

Chadx

♫ In the pow again. Just can't wait to get in..
Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2010
Bozeman, MT
I ran a fender the first year then two years without. It gets in the way if you need to pull on the front ski. I like the look with and without, so that is a wash. I ended up running two years without it and without radiator shrouds. Just my oversized gas tank, anodized radiator guards and home made radiator shields. Was looking for a way to remove the pointless rear fender, too, but sold the snowbike before getting to that since it held my battery.

To each their own as it is a looks thing with no functional difference that I ever found in 3 years time.

Premium Features