• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Under Hood Goggle Bag

eyefish123

Premium Member
Apr 6, 2010
Northern Idaho
I know there are older threads on this but now that the Axys chassis has been out there a few years, what is the best under hood goggle bag for the Axys?

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
There is a Skinz, Next Level under the hood google bag that finally just came available. I know this because I've been waiting since October and just received one. No actual use yet but install was easy and it seems like it should work fine.

G-Force

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2002
Kamloops BC
I just used the one from my Pro, works great.. I did replace the stock can with a BMP, though I'd think should still work fine with stock suitcase?

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
Skinz one installed.
478b789c2c5a8d8bbc03c9780d1a7b01.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

eyefish123

Premium Member
Apr 6, 2010
Northern Idaho
I like the looks of the Skinz bag. Tried to order and are out of stock. Nobody seems to have one. Guess I will have to wait.

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
We have a couple in stock. I used last weekend and it does work to defrost your goggles. At least the conditions we were in. Hurry these sell really quick.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
I might have to pick up one of these. I bought the Polaris under hood bag for the Axys but it won't fit with my BMFab front bumper with the crossover pipe. I love the bumper to much to go back to the stock one just to have the bag. I could maybe modify the heat shield to make it fit but I think it would rattle the way I would need to notch it. Has anyone else done this? Guess Ill just order this other bag. Also the Polaris bag, you need to take out the belt holder and put the belt, plugs and wrench in the bag.

IMG_0827.jpg IMG_0826.jpg IMG_0828.jpg IMG_0829.jpg IMG_0830.jpg

Last edited:

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
Thanks Crusher,
I looked around and haven't found that post. Ill look some more when I get back from this trip I think.

Found it- Post #31 and #38 should help ya out..

Also don't used that cheapo plastic dart they give you to mount it from the outside- I used a black large headed torx bolt and used a nyloc nut on the inside- no issues since install.
I scorched my spare QD drive belt mounting it to the drive belt holder like you did from the stock pipe over time.- Now it goes in the tunnel bag since we toss the stock belt holder any way.

Anyway hope the link helps ya out...

https://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=435118&highlight=Polaris+goggle+bag&page=2

Last edited:

gonehuntnpowder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2008
Eastern Idaho
How big is the skins one? Will it fit 2 goggles in it? I already have the Polaris one but the skins one is on the other side and I do love bags.

B
Dec 8, 2015
FAI, AK
Anyone still have issues with the polaris bag being damp/wet after a day of riding? I have frogzskin covering all the vent openings and was still amazed how damp my goggles were inside the bag. Granted is was a stellar over the hood type of day, but for what I paid for the bag I would think things would stay dry.
Guess it's time to get the hole saw out and see if that will make an improvement.

aksledjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Feb 8, 2014
Alaska
I started opening up the metal holder on the pipe side to try and get more heat on the bag. Doing it slowly so I don't go past the point of return and possibly melt the bag.

Premium Features