• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

RH powder bog ?!

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
Yay cat fitment issues are causing the snow in the intake. Mine had a bunch of snow in it when I took the hood off today. If you look at my pictures the intakes on the bottom do not fit right with the top panel when you screw the 20 torx down. it has a gap in when the screw is torqued down. If the top panel would torque down just to the right a bit more of the bottom panel and the intake a bit down from the bottom panel, it would close this gap. but they don't so I siliconed the area shown. and on the nose cone one side that also has a gap in it letting snow in. Proper fitment between panels by cats manufacturing would have cured this issue, but we all know on first year sleds from cat we have to do the R&D. We'll see what other surprises I can find once I dig into it more

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

S
Nov 5, 2014
Yay cat fitment issues are causing the snow in the intake. Mine had a bunch of snow in it when I took the hood off today. If you look at my pictures the intakes on the bottom do not fit right with the top panel when you screw the 20 torx down. it has a gap in when the screw is torqued down. If the top panel would torque down just to the right a bit more of the bottom panel and the intake a bit down from the bottom panel, it would close this gap. but they don't so I siliconed the area shown. and on the nose cone one side that also has a gap in it letting snow in. Proper fitment between panels by cats manufacturing would have cured this issue, but we all know on first year sleds from cat we have to do the R&D. We'll see what other surprises I can find once I dig into it more

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php
Yikes, ok I better check mine.
Are you on a mountain cat or early release?

Sent from my FRD-L14 using Tapatalk

L

leeindubois

Nov 20, 2007
Dubois, Wyoming

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php
Thanks for posting this. I am going to look into this. I have 2 mountain cats. Only 1 is boggy in the exact same snow. I will report back if I find gaps or issues. Thanks CO 2.0

Sleddogg

Premium Member
Dec 5, 2007
Dayton, WY
I had my hood completely apart. I agree that the hood vents do not seat very well in the top plastic. I have large gaps but haven't had deep enough snow to see if I have a bog

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

C

corydoneen

Dec 21, 2010
Eastern Wa
I have the same gaps on my intake! I put the "goggle warmer" that you can't fit goggles into on my ER snopro and both sides of the intake aren't sealed big gaps. I'm curious on the warranty if dealer will fix it.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
In the red circle, u can see my fingers through the filter. That is a gaping hole! Both sides look like that.
As for goggle bag, put them in face down.
386bee4dbbff3db9c8fa5b9372a7f175.jpg

Mountain Cat

Sleddogg

Premium Member
Dec 5, 2007
Dayton, WY
So what's the fix for this?

And did you have the gap in the nose cone too?

I didn't have a nose cone gap. I'm not sure yet. Scratching my head. Foam strip, or tape,orrrr?

S
Nov 5, 2014
I didn't have a nose cone gap. I'm not sure yet. Scratching my head. Foam strip, or tape,orrrr?

I am surprised there isnt a gasket for the plastic to sit in. This current setup seems really weak.

I guess some duct tape would work, but that's bush league.

Another issue is why it there some much snow getting in the hood in the first place?

How can a guy prevent snow from funneling in between the steering post and the google bag? Does anyone make something to plug this off? Or a vent?

Then the upper vents on the panels are letting alot of snow in. Moflow can fix that.

2e92af8564229456daace41e8c8ab766.jpg

Last edited:

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
I don't know what you guys expect, that intake design is totally new, being on a totally new sled. Gotta give'em a few years to figure it out. I'm guessing 20 is about right.

Coldfinger

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Nebraska
Mine also has a RH deep powder bog. Oh, I'm in the wrong forum. I have a 2010. LOL

Maybe the ski design is channeling snow towards the exhaust. I didn't get a chance to test my theory, but years ago my buddy also had an M8 but was running Tunnel Skis and didn't have the bogging issue I did. It didn't dawn on me that that could be the issue until a few years later after I added an extension to the exhaust outlet aluminum piece. That piece lessened the bogging but also concentrated more heat on the plastic outet area and partially melted it so I removed the extension. Never did try the tunnel skis.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
For the guys asking about warranty, unless cat has updated parts they won't have a fix for this. However, bringing it to your dealer's attention will let cat know they need to get working on it.

Premium Features