• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Heated grips advice

chumbilly1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2007
I have never bought lock ons for anything but my superjets, because of the throttle tube. I am hooked on quick pull throttle cams. Especially for snowbiking. 15% faster to full throttle means never having to reposition your hand or drop your elbow. Good Stuff!

dooman92

Lifetime Membership
Mar 1, 2010
Heated grips.

No longer a fan of ame grips. Two sets, three failures over four years. Two grips and one switch. Now a replacement grip is intermittent.

chumbilly1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2007
The RAZE bars are truelly awesome! Pricey, but warm hands are very nice. I have had issues with heating elements/wiring/switches ever since I got my first mtn sled in 2000. Wasnt worth doing electric on a snowbike that lives in trees/branches/wells IMHO

Revv Up

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2011
Revelstoke BC
www.revvup.net
No longer a fan of ame grips. Two sets, three failures over four years. Two grips and one switch. Now a replacement grip is intermittent.

Oxfords did the same for me, on my 3rd set in 3 years. 1st set the controller went, 2nd set the left grip went... this is my last set of Oxfords I going to buy.

B
Nov 14, 2017
I run the moose racing grip heaters, put em on the bar and put any grips over top. 2 power levels, pretty basic but they do the job. Wired right into the bike on my FE570s, the street legal ktm's have a more powerful charging system than the W's so your bike should be able to handle it.

The Benz Master

Lifetime Membership
Nov 25, 2015
Been using a set of Oxford on my street bike for the last 3 years. Bought a 2nd set for the snowbike. Works perfect

R
Apr 18, 2016
Ame, on my second set. The wires are really small and can break fairly easy. The connection points are where my first set went bad and I just hard wired. I wish they were laid out a little different for positioning but they heat up good and work fine, just wish the spaghetti was laid a little different because they kind of clutter things up especially with the enormity of the connectors.

S
Dec 20, 2016
If anyone is going to add a thermostat I would highly recommend the raze bars as the cost is comparable and I believe they work better and are more durable. If your building a bike for snow seriously consider the raze bar setup before spending unnecessary $ on a thermo bob and electric bar heaters. I ended up sending back my thermo bob before install after I did more research. Both thermostats are comparable in build quality.

T
Oct 16, 2017
I did electric bar heaters and I’m underwhelmed. Maybe if you corked the left hand grip the bar wouldn’t suck as much heat out. As, they are too much draw to have on at idle on my 2014 yz450

Doing again I’d consider raze - only knock against it is if you plan to ride for summer. Still can have them I guess but seems like a lot

L
Nov 18, 2014
CDA, ID
I did electric bar heaters and I’m underwhelmed. Maybe if you corked the left hand grip the bar wouldn’t suck as much heat out. As, they are too much draw to have on at idle on my 2014 yz450

Doing again I’d consider raze - only knock against it is if you plan to ride for summer. Still can have them I guess but seems like a lot

What elements did you use? I’ve ran the HeatDemon heaters for 2 seasons now without a hiccup. Was out today, probably 15-20*F switched between Low and Hi. This is on a ‘13 YZ450.

T
Oct 16, 2017
What elements did you use? I’ve ran the HeatDemon heaters for 2 seasons now without a hiccup. Was out today, probably 15-20*F switched between Low and Hi. This is on a ‘13 YZ450.

Just some mediocre snowmobile grip heaters my Polaris dealer sold me. Wired them to high when switched on. As mentioned, effects idle unfortunately. Throttle side gets nice and hot. I think the bar aluminum on left side sucks heat too much.

Haven’t had to try them too much. Running vail today and it’s cold, so I’ll likely be able to report back

Premium Features