• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Yeti 129SS reviews

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
Anybody riding this thing yet?
The local shop here will have then they became a dealer and will be demoing ... So if we ever get snow there should be a lot of them going out around here....they are camso, Timbersled, yeti dealers...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

summitboy

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
The Yeti SS works well according to two different friends. One claims it rips and goes anywhere hos regular Camso kit goes but much faster. The other says it the best kit he has ridden to date and he is a TS dealer/fan lol

G
Feb 8, 2016
Lynnwood, WA
I have 1. Only had it out once. No deep powder yet, but I can confirm it rips, 17’ 450 with Ecu upgrade. Seems promising but need deeper snow to be certain. Climbed very well but the snow was settled. Coming from a 16 timbersled It is far superior, but my timbersled was bulletproof so we’ll have to see how reliable it is.

643E2654-F4C1-43EE-B33A-1F2BF31963FC.jpg

Spike89

Lifetime Membership
Jan 15, 2012
How tall is the seat height on the new Yeti's? I have last years model and it sits about 2-3" higher than my TS.

chumbilly1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2007
We got two SS129 and two 137 kits today. Stoked! Should have the bases covered. SS build looks real nice. One ??, Anyone pay for the top of the line shock upgrade? I did and dont see any dif. Ill sort it out. If anyone can post pics of standard shock package on 129SS I would appreciate it. Bring on the BRM 1/2 liter!

C

capulin overdrive

Apr 25, 2010
How tall is the seat height on the new Yeti's? I have last years model and it sits about 2-3" higher than my TS.

LOL, yup! Jamie must have had a jacked up 70's muscle car at some point.

My seat is all scrunched from the constant pressure of sliding forward.

Ran all last season with solid strut, hoping the shock will help this season?

chumbilly1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2007
Thats weird, My 16 129 sloped back. I ran a tall seat on ktm 450 and im average height. I think set up could play a big part.

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Thats weird, My 16 129 sloped back. I ran a tall seat on ktm 450 and im average height. I think set up could play a big part.
Forks without enough spring will sack out the front. setup is everything ,,,

Spike89

Lifetime Membership
Jan 15, 2012
I set it up per instructions with the front of the track higher than the rear. They say with weight on it it will sag to being flat and will be correct.

D
Apr 7, 2017
We got two SS129 and two 137 kits today. Stoked! Should have the bases covered. SS build looks real nice. One ??, Anyone pay for the top of the line shock upgrade? I did and dont see any dif. Ill sort it out. If anyone can post pics of standard shock package on 129SS I would appreciate it. Bring on the BRM 1/2 liter!

Stock shock on 129ss are raptor coils with external reservoir on the front only. For strut, it depends were you from, US soft strut is standard, CAN soft strut and RRS are options.

D
Apr 7, 2017
I got a 2017 exc-f with xplor48 .62 spring and it still sag so much up front running the recommended .200 higher front track. Bike look 6 inches higher side by side with a 2018 camso exc-f.

I won't do any valving this year.
Do you guys recommend using spacers on xplor48.
If so, how much can I put???
Thanks

tillbuilt

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Henderson, Co.
picture.php

We were able to get the newest shop build out for a whirl. Meet: Ferrari. It is a 2017 YZ450F with a 2018 Yeti 129SS. I will start with WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This new 129SS is what we were hoping for!!

The first thing I noticed is how smooth it was going down the trail. We are not trail riders, but it is a necessary evil. This bike would easly lay over in the turns with so much confidence and the front ski would lock onto the corners and never think about washing out. I thought I was running about 25mph. and looked down at the GPS and was running 35mph. It was so smooth I was going much faster than I felt. At 50mph. I was wishing this new motor was broken in and could be held to the wood to see what 60mph. felt like.:face-icon-small-hap

We had a frozen base with about 8" of fresh on top. The way this kit handled the tight trees was amazing. The ease of threading the tree needle was like nothing else I have ever thrown a leg over. I am afraid that every bike I ride with the Yeti 129SS will have a constant set of new plastics in rotation. I found myself having complete confidence in both the traction and ski. I was able to ride steep, tight treed lines with ease. I was putting this thing in places I would only attempt late in the season, after my skills were sharp. You have to remember, this was my first ride of the year and I am a little rusty. I am recovering from a broken Tib/Fib. This was my first ride on anything bike like since July.

Yeti even brought the fun factor to the 129SS this year. I set up my systems to be low and sacked out to have a shallow approach angle to excel in the CO. powder. I have never been able to feel transition when loading the track with the throttle on any system but the CMX BK. The 2018 Yeti 129SS delivers in this department also. You can preload the suspension and jump on the throttle to bring the ski off the snow at a creek crossing with ease.

When we were told about this unit in the spring we had dreams of a snow bike system that was light, and had a tire like feel. Yeti DELIVERED!!!!!! This kit feels more like you are on a tire than any snow kit I have ever ridden. Including a 2018 AERO 120 this same day. Yeti nailed it, and I am impressed. I The word ease keeps coming up because there is no struggle with this new system. It makes quick, effortless, riding with very low input from the rider.

By the way, we have them in stock and for sale. :face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap

dooman92

Lifetime Membership
Mar 1, 2010
Ss129

Toby, thanks for the review. How is the seat height compared to other yz builds?

needpowder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Utah
Thanks for the initial review. Glad your healing up. Those are exactly the conditions it should excel in. It will be very interesting to hear your review after winter starts for real. Can’t wait to see how this thing compares in real snow.

D
Apr 7, 2017
Yeti even brought the fun factor to the 129SS this year. I set up my systems to be low and sacked out to have a shallow approach angle to excel in the CO. powder. I have never been able to feel transition when loading the track with the throttle on any system but the CMX BK. The 2018 Yeti 129SS delivers in this department also. You can preload the suspension and jump on the throttle to bring the ski off the snow at a creek crossing with ease.

Can you give the details on how you set it up!!!
Thanks

Premium Features