• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New handlebar setup on M800

C
Feb 5, 2010
Norway
Hi

I have been ridden this season on my Proclimb M800 Limited and I absolutely love my sled, BUT there is a few things I also hate about the sled, and that is the telescopic riser and the handlebars. They are weak, they bend like a banana if you roll the sled a few times and I can`t say I like the grips.

Don`t shoot me for this buy after coming from a Polaris Assault, I really miss my old pro taper handlebars.
They were perfect for my height that is 185 cm for both standing and sitting down riding.
Since I am going to do the telescopic delete and I thought I could go for Dan Adams NXT LVL handlebars and drop the riser.

Has anyone else done it? Put high rise bars on the PC? :)

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
If you're getting rid of the cat riser, you should be able to run whatever bars you want. The drop in the post will allow you more flexibility in what you run for a bar.

If you're going to do it over the summer I'd get the T top ONLY & your bars you like, then install the T top & see where the bars sit with you in the position you want. from there it's easy to get a C2C measuer & see what riser you want. If you get the T & riser at once, there's a good chance you'll do what I did, and end up with the way wrong riser, and have to buy another.

If you like the position of the pro bars, I think you'll end up with about a 2" riser to get you there.

C
Feb 5, 2010
Norway
That`s what I thought too :) The Fly NXT LVL bars are 5" high and the riser is 2" and that should suit me perfect :)
I wan`t the bars low, but not too low, because they has to work in the woods because there is where I ride.

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
That`s what I thought too :) The Fly NXT LVL bars are 5" high and the riser is 2" and that should suit me perfect :)
I wan`t the bars low, but not too low, because they has to work in the woods because there is where I ride.

i am in the same boat.

The Fly Next level bars and the RSI Burandt bars WILL NOT WORK ON OUR SLEDS!!!

I have tried both. the control mounting area is too short. our stock controls are so big, they take up so much room. there is only about 3-4" for your hands after the controls are mounted.:face-icon-small-sad

These bars are made for the other sleds with the small controls and some of the switches mounted on the console. My dealer has a Polaris Assault next to an Proclimb 800 and the size of the controls is substantially different.

good luck

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
i am in the same boat.

The Fly Next level bars and the RSI Burandt bars WILL NOT WORK ON OUR SLEDS!!!

I have tried both. the control mounting area is too short. our stock controls are so big, they take up so much room. there is only about 3-4" for your hands after the controls are mounted.:face-icon-small-sad

These bars are made for the other sleds with the small controls and some of the switches mounted on the console. My dealer has a Polaris Assault next to an Proclimb 800 and the size of the controls is substantially different.

good luck

Oh yeah, didn't think about that. You've got to switch to a different throttle block, and the brake will have a bit of a goofy angle.

Btw, a 5.5" bar and ANY riser will put the bars a ways higher than stock all the way up... you really want to go that high? I didn't realize those were that far up there.

rmk800ak

Lifetime Membership
Mar 28, 2002
Fairbanks AK.
On bars you can add the smaller hooks and they will fit like the stock bars just run your grips out on the hooks along with the element. . I have put RSI back country bend bars on mine with hooks. Another way is to buy the freeride bars skidoo has and the hooks are part of the bar . If you don't trust the add on hooks . The freeride bars are like 50-60 bucks so not bad . I believe they may be made by fly as they look the same . And have the back country bend .

C
Feb 5, 2010
Norway
My plan was to use stock controls and handlebar setup, only change of bars.
And I am NOT going to use the telescopic riser.
I will be doing the Z-broz telescopic delete so the steering post will be all low and not way up in the air.
The handlebar with a rise of 5-7" together with the 1" extra rise I will have will not make the handlebars higher than stock bars on the highest setting.
Going to use just the rise of the bars.
Nothing else than double up with handlebar clamps.
No handlebar riser or anything..

There is a reason why I want to use handlebar setup from a Fly or similar. That is because I came from Polaris and I love the setup.
They are perfect for my liking.
And I don`t want to change bars to something like I already got.
The Ski-doo bars I hate so they aren`t even a option
I really don`t like the setup stock from cat.
The bars are weak and can`t handle a roll over more than a few times before the bars look like a banana :p

rmk800ak

Lifetime Membership
Mar 28, 2002
Fairbanks AK.
I have the delete post and riser and bars and about everything else on my proclimb and use the stock handlebar setup with the rsi bars. . And as far as the ski-doo bars for the freeride are the same as your fly bars or Rsi bars you wanted . That's why I suggested them the only difference is they have integrated hooks on the bar where the rsi and flys you have to have hooks. Also you might have to look at atv or dirt bike bars some of them are wider then the snow ones then you don't have to run hooks if you don't want to. If your thinking the normal summit bars then it's different then the freerides . Hope that explains a little better .

C
Feb 5, 2010
Norway
I don`t think you fully understand what I want :p

I want the Protaper look, burandt bars or the Fly Next Level bars.
I don`t like the looks or the feeling of the other kind of handlebars.
That`s the reason I want to use these bars.

The kind of handlebars I want to use are these one.

Burandt bars.jpg

rmk800ak

Lifetime Membership
Mar 28, 2002
Fairbanks AK.
Ok that's why I said you might have to look into the atv bars or dirt bike . There is some with 8" plus for the control area . We're the Burant bars have 7". Just look for the same sweep. That will give you the room for stock controls. Or just add hooks to those burant bars that will buy you a inch or so . Another way if its just the pad that you like then just buy the pad and little bar for the other ones or weld one in haha .

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
A bar with a 5.5" rise like the nxt lvl ones, plus T top, plus riser (minimum of 1.5" to make a riser work) puts you higher than the stock bars by a decent ways actually. (that puts you at 7" of rise from the T... )

Those bars, the RSI ones would give you a lot more option in the riser, allowing you to run a bigger riser, and even an adjustable one if you like the adjustability. They've also got enough room for cat controls.

Basically, you need a bar with 200mm bar space to fit stock controls & normal MTB style grips or similar. I ran 190's at one point & had to do some modification to the throttle block to make it work.

C
Feb 5, 2010
Norway
So how tall in inches are the stock bars on the highest setting?) :face-icon-small-hap
I don`t want the bars to be taller than stock, I want to keep them in somewhere between the highest setting and the lowest setting.
So it`s important that I have new bars that are lower than my stock bars will be at it`s highest setting.

That`s also why i`m going to go do the z-bros delete as low as possible and use some bars that aren't to high, but they have to go clear of the windshield when turning and are mounted, like they do now as a stock setup.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Sorry, the bars that popped up from the link aren't the ones you picture... those are the 8" bars you have pictured.

The z bros adapter with a 4" riser I was told equals stock height, so getting the 8" bars, with a 1.5 riser, puts you 5.5" higher.

Unless you're 6'6", I can't see why you'd want that.

The guys I know that ARE 6'+ ride with them in the lowest position.

Is there a reason you want bars with so much rise like that? The rise has nothing to do with it feeling like your pro, that's width, sweep and angle of the bar itself.

Last edited:
C
Feb 5, 2010
Norway
The bars I linked to are just for the looks and style of handlebars I want. I`m thinking of that kind of bars if I can`t use the Burandt bars or Fly next level bars.

I`m 185 cm tall (6,1 feet) and I ride with my bars at almost the lowest setting on my PC.
I always loved the way my old Protapers felt on my old Assault sled.
The width, the height, specially the Polaris hooks.
After I jumped ship and went for Arctic Cat and a M series sled, I couldn`t get comfortable with the bars.

I`m a backcountry rider and ride 85% in the woods and have my bars more in the lower setting, than up high. That`s why I want the backcountry bars and also because I love the looks of them :face-icon-small-blu

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Nothing wrong with that, just trying to figure out what you're looking for exactly.

If you ride in the bottom setting usually, I think you're going to want to stick with a bar that's got less than 4" of rise to even stay close to that. It's gonna be tough to find a bar with a crossbar that will do that unfortunately though.

Check with Zbros, I've never cut the post myself, so the 4" figure I was told could be BS... but it does look about right when comparing setups.

I use a 4-6" riser and when I asked how that would stack up I was told that would be like having the bars in their lowest position, which I was looking to go lower, so that was a no go for me using the riser I like

Last edited:
C
Feb 5, 2010
Norway
Yeah, I know, that`s why i`m so curious about what kind of bars with a backcountry bend or similar I can use, and keep my stock controls with them. Les mess with wiring and moving everything over :face-icon-small-blu

E
Nov 28, 2007
Spokane WA
Sorry to kinda change the subject, but has anyone switched to the solid post from the telescoping. If so what did you need to buy besides the post. Im looking to go to a bar and riser set up too.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Sorry to kinda change the subject, but has anyone switched to the solid post from the telescoping. If so what did you need to buy besides the post. Im looking to go to a bar and riser set up too.

You don't need a post, just the zbros post topper which creates a t top, and then a riser. Real easy swap.

Premium Features