• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SNOWTECH 137

cappy23

Lifetime Membership
Nov 13, 2011
Is there a snowtech dealer in bc or
Alberta? I’m on the fence about a yeti setup but I’m interested in these snowtech kits, seems to be a lot on here with them with great reviews.

up-high

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Alberta Canada
Instead of packing a 7lb battery(that can let you down) carry a power pack in case you need a jump. And you can even charge that cellphone you don't like to carry.

H
Jan 24, 2014
CRANBROOK B.C
Instead of packing a 7lb battery(that can let you down) carry a power pack in case you need a jump. And you can even charge that cellphone you don't like to carry.

Had a bad experience with a power pack(it let me down) hence the battery. I heard they can track cellphones that would jeopardize my riding areas
face-icon-small-happy.gif

PICS Another good day with Clark in my backyard.
Last pic, Red dot is where the first 3 pics were taken green dot my home.( We have to depend on our stuff to make it home)

003.jpg 006.jpg 007.jpg 112.jpg

Last edited:
M

MFJ

Jan 14, 2016
Is there a snowtech dealer in bc or
Alberta? I’m on the fence about a yeti setup but I’m interested in these snowtech kits, seems to be a lot on here with them with great reviews.

On the fence about yeti? Maybe this will help... There is 3 of them in my group and all of us will be switching brands next year as long as we can sell them. The price of admission isn't the only expensive part.

M

MFJ

Jan 14, 2016
This quote from Chris N. in an earlier post about sums it up. Depends how much time, money, and effort you wanna spend maintaining and "updating" your kit I guess. Me personally, I'm tired of the lost riding time as thats the most expensive part IMO.

"Strength and QC are the main problems. I could give a laundry list of little things that break on these kits, not to mention some of the pulleys that have come on new kits that are out of alignment causing belts to break. The belt covers crack if you hit anything, and the black plastic around the covers crack. The titanium linkage arms on the rails break at the welds. The cross members in between the rails have bolts that come loose, causing the cross members to disappear in the snow. Random Ti bolts come loose in the kit, then they shear off. The spindle center blade cracks/breaks if you hit things, causing the forks tubes to crease. The skid shock cross members break. The new 18 skis break due to lack of support from the short center skag. We have broken 3 skis so far, using 17 skags now. The RRS third shock mounts break. Have had none of those issues on the Snowtech., The Yeti rides nice when you aren't constantly fiddling with it. I'd just rather deal with the extra 20lbs of always working snowbike, and not worry about 300lbs of broken down snowbike when I am up in the mountains."

N

n16ht5

Aug 5, 2013
Pemberton, BC
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/8uV19iQBxxY?rel=0" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe src="https://www.airvuz.com/videoPlayerEmbed/5a8f2767f0c0e4412089f187?autoplay=false" height="250" width="432" frameborder="0"></iframe>
Close

chumbilly1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2007
This quote from Chris N. in an earlier post about sums it up. Depends how much time, money, and effort you wanna spend maintaining and "updating" your kit I guess. Me personally, I'm tired of the lost riding time as thats the most expensive part IMO.

"Strength and QC are the main problems. I could give a laundry list of little things that break on these kits, not to mention some of the pulleys that have come on new kits that are out of alignment causing belts to break. The belt covers crack if you hit anything, and the black plastic around the covers crack. The titanium linkage arms on the rails break at the welds. The cross members in between the rails have bolts that come loose, causing the cross members to disappear in the snow. Random Ti bolts come loose in the kit, then they shear off. The spindle center blade cracks/breaks if you hit things, causing the forks tubes to crease. The skid shock cross members break. The new 18 skis break due to lack of support from the short center skag. We have broken 3 skis so far, using 17 skags now. The RRS third shock mounts break. Have had none of those issues on the Snowtech., The Yeti rides nice when you aren't constantly fiddling with it. I'd just rather deal with the extra 20lbs of always working snowbike, and not worry about 300lbs of broken down snowbike when I am up in the mountains."

Ferrari's do need more maintenance than family cars though too. Not saying anything bad about the snowtech stuff, and not denying that the Yeti's need some improvement. The weight difference is way more than 20# though, and the failure rate isnt as high as the forums would make it sound. I want to see a snowtech go for sure. Go where my Yeti 137 gos that is!:face-icon-small-blu

H
Jan 24, 2014
CRANBROOK B.C
IN SEARCH OF A YETI PART 2 (season finale)

We started looking in the low elevations checking the rocks and logs for hair and fibers.

Found tracks and headed higher

Heard a loud noise must have big pipes

Got pretty excited must be close

Waited in the woods nothing....must have been to open

Finally we got a glimpse of him on top of the mountain. Looks like he was having fun so we left him alone
He went his way we went ours
face-icon-small-happy.gif

001.jpg 026.jpg 022.jpg 023.jpg 097.jpg 071.jpg

Premium Features