• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Snowtech Mx

summitboy

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Can we hear some opinions on performance as compared to the other offerings ? Trail and deep snow. I'm sure the track will be better with either the CMX or Camso once released.

M
Mar 3, 2016
The single ski sport has come a long ways since a few of us where riding snowhawks and figuring out what worked and what didn't. In those days it was all trial and error, I was happy to be a part of it, a true passion that lowered my bank acct significantly, I was really happy to have worked with several companies to help farther the sport. Fast forward some 15 or so years and we are seeing the original snowbike manufactures being sold out to the bigger companies, That's all well and good, but...
After many seasons of riding some great kits and seeing where others have fell a little short, I made the trip to Utah to check out Snowtech Mx.
What I found was a hard working group who makes nearly everything in house, they are not farming out work to some overseas company, they are working hard day in and out making Billet and water jetted parts for a very rugged and well thought out kit.
In their shop you see hoards of other manufactures kits that they have tried and tested, learning from them along the way.
I am impressed by the lack of rolling resistance from the track, the extreme attention to detail, the adjustable spindle,massively strong tilting skid,Belt drive, included 3rd shock,adjustable chain and overall quality of the kit. So much so that I chose the Snowtech Mx 137 for my next build.
Crazy for sure, but thats kind of what we do here.. a KTM 950 Super Enduro, The same bike that just overalled the last day of the Baja Rally against factory 450 Rally bikes and has class wins in the 24hrs of stavation ridge, Desert 100, and a few others. Its also my go to ADV bike and hooligan steed. Heavy but powerful this will be fun. More to come on that bike and build.
a>

But what I would really like to hear are any stories you have about the snowtech kits. What do you like and what dont you like.
Why dont we hear much about what I see as a great setup?
Have you ridden a snowtech or know someone who has one?

TTT.... I'm genuinely interested in this project and how it's gone so far. A great kit with a unique bike choice. How's the progress and any updates?

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
TTT.... I'm genuinely interested in this project and how it's gone so far. A great kit with a unique bike choice. How's the progress and any updates?

Not great, unfortunately there were a few Hurdles, Namely, The Baja Rally this bike competed in right after this photo was taken, smoked the 450 pros BTW.. You may have read about it in Dirtrider and other publications..
Once we came back from Baja we went back to the project and got stopped at the width of the motor to accommodate the kit,At first it didnt look like that big of a hurdle, but.. New plates where required, It was something beyond our ability in the lighting shop and a task that Snowtech just couldn't pull off in the height of the busy season.. We knew that going in so no hard feelings.
I had to get a new Husky 450 to ride, bummer :)
It will be revisited this summer once the season dies down a bit.. The bike is a beast!

Premium Features