• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2002 600

WY_Covert

Lifetime Membership
Jan 3, 2017
Wyoming
Is there a way to change the crank seals w/o splitting the case? The only reason I as ask is my pump will not move fluid cold like I have an air leak on my secondary compression. If I pour a touch of premix in it fires up first pull. Thanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

cubby

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
No you have to split the cases in order to replace the seals as there is one in between the cylinders. Are you sure that its a vacuum problem? Have you took your fuel pump apart and checked it out? Very easy to do and I believe a rebuild kit for them are only $20.

WY_Covert

Lifetime Membership
Jan 3, 2017
Wyoming
No you have to split the cases in order to replace the seals as there is one in between the cylinders. Are you sure that its a vacuum problem? Have you took your fuel pump apart and checked it out? Very easy to do and I believe a rebuild kit for them are only $20.
I have taken the pump off and pulsed it. It pumps fuel easy. So it is secondary compression issue for sure. As long as i pour a shot in it it fire right off. Damn thing has 5500 miles on it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Premium Features