• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

800 Strange Starting Issue

Trashy

⚙️
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2003
Sherwood Park, Ab, Canada
The pic above is from a ‘14

Have seen a ‘13 with the same issue

So for sure not specific to the 2015’s

I heard today from my dealer contact that the little plate used in the video is available from Doo and was installed in my ‘16.

P
I passed my 15 800 onto my dad and it has a strange starting issue. When the machine is cold after sitting even for months it starts in 2 pulls at most. About once or twice on almost every ride after it is warm it will take 50 pulls etc to get it started. Does anyone have any idea why this is happening? It has been tuned up and looked over etc by a dealer...

Dad is older and this is a real pain for him. Most the time I have to go help him out.

I had the same issue. As mentioned above you're best bet is pull the tank back and check the fuel pressure regulator on the pump assembly. Its been SOMEWHAT well documented although 2 dealers I talked to gave me the usual "oh thats strange, we've never heard of that issue" ...........So I did it myself in an hour. Cost me 2 beers and 2x 10 cent washers lol

T
Jan 12, 2010
BC
I had the same issue. As mentioned above you're best bet is pull the tank back and check the fuel pressure regulator on the pump assembly. Its been SOMEWHAT well documented although 2 dealers I talked to gave me the usual "oh thats strange, we've never heard of that issue" ...........So I did it myself in an hour. Cost me 2 beers and 2x 10 cent washers lol

That sounds like pretty much almost every dealer. “Never heard of that, so it can’t be the problem”

Premium Features