• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Self Adhesive Rubber for under Gas Can?

R
Dec 3, 2001
CO
Anyone have info on where to get/buy some sorta self adhesive rubber to put on the tunnel under bags and gas cans?

Something cut to fit would be awesome.

Once upon a time I ordered a Fabcraft rubber mat, but it cost more to ship it than the product itself.

Anyone else find something that will get the job done from a local hardware type store?

P
Factory Part

Arctic Cat offers a plain rubber mat with adhesive on it for under the gas rack and cheap price too. If I rememeber right, it's about 9" x 13". It was offered on 04' -06' KingCats or 1M Mtn. Cat 900's. When I put the new tunnel on my sled. I wanted a nice rubber mat on the back so that is what I used. Hope this helps out.

P.P.

Last edited:
J

John

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Jan 27, 2003
Boise, Id
I've got an extra like what PP described. Some contact cement and your good to go. You pay the shipping (should be cheap) and you can have it.

S
Nov 30, 2007
Fall City, WA
Timbersled used to have a rubber mat you could buy buy in 2 sizes. But im not seeing it on their website anymore, I ordered the small mat for my old Rev a while back and it fit perfect. Maybe you should give them a call and see if they still offer it.

M

mngoat

Nov 26, 2007
Minnesota
another option that i have used on the tunnel (in the gas rack area) is the self adhesive non slip stuff they put on truck running boards. I've gotten it at NAPA comes in different widths and fairly cheap. Stays put on the tunnel and your gas can doesn't slid what so ever once strapped down. I normally put two, four inch wide strip across the tunnel in the gas rack area. I've tried polaris' rubber mat they had on earlier RMK came in like four separate pieces work well but was quite spendy.

R
Dec 3, 2001
CO
another option that i have used on the tunnel (in the gas rack area) is the self adhesive non slip stuff they put on truck running boards. I've gotten it at NAPA comes in different widths and fairly cheap. Stays put on the tunnel and your gas can doesn't slid what so ever once strapped down. I normally put two, four inch wide strip across the tunnel in the gas rack area. I've tried polaris' rubber mat they had on earlier RMK came in like four separate pieces work well but was quite spendy.

similar to what they put on skateboard decks?
hmm afraid that may be too much like sand paper and wear out the bottom of the can(s) and bag(s)

yeah those rubber pads are spendy.. =\ hmm well maybe i will just see if I can get a couple from Fabcraft again..they were like $10 for the rubber..$10 to ship.

actually a sheet of rubber and some kinda adhesive would work. i'll have to check Ace and see what they have.

R
Dec 3, 2001
CO
Think i found exactly what I'm after.

http://www.rubbersheetroll.com/neoprene-rubber-textured.html

.0625 (1/16) inch, 12" x 24" w/ adhesive backing $31.14

Should be able to do a couple sleds with that! Or, 2 pieces on one sled.. hmm

They also have an "industrial" grade neoprene rubber, but no texture...which is cheaper, but I'm not sure how it'll work in wet environments. I think this textured stuff is the ticket for wet/snowy type applications?/

Last edited:
E

EricW

Nov 26, 2007
NE Washington
This stuff is the ticket. Sticks real well and its cheap. I got it at Home Depot, but I'm sure any hardware store would have it. I stuck it to the bottom of my gas jugs and it worked great. I did clean the jugs well with paint thinner till there was no color on the rag. Good luck. EW

000_0145.jpg

000_0149.jpg

M

mngoat

Nov 26, 2007
Minnesota
similar to what they put on skateboard decks?
hmm afraid that may be too much like sand paper and wear out the bottom of the can(s) and bag(s)

yeah those rubber pads are spendy.. =\ hmm well maybe i will just see if I can get a couple from Fabcraft again..they were like $10 for the rubber..$10 to ship.

actually a sheet of rubber and some kinda adhesive would work. i'll have to check Ace and see what they have.

Yep, for bags probably not the trick but for cans once you strap the can down it doesn't move on the stuff so it doesn't wear down the bottom of the cans at all. Have had the same can on for years with the stuff and no wear hardly at all. I was thinking the same thing when i put it on, it would act like sandpaper but like i said the stuff grips so good that the can doesn't move. I might llok into fabcrafts rubber, i need alittle my self for some thing else. Good luck.

A

ACMtnCat

Nov 26, 2007
Utah
A "STOMP PAD" for snowboards would work great! Snowboard shops will have a bunch of different types of traction pads some are rudder or foam. Cheap too!

Premium Features