• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

anyone ready for winter

polarisfornow

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jun 2, 2008
Beautiful Colorado
I'm ready for winter, but we all know that riding out our back doors is not going to happen too often for most of us in the dakotas. another year of thousands of miles on truck and trailer.

travydog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Tulare south dakota
hahahahah that is true im hopen for a hard winter we really need it around here to fill up a few lakes and keep us out of a drought !!!!

jsledder

Lifetime Membership
Jul 9, 2001
SD
www.outdoorsupplyonline.com
I'm ready, for once. It could snow tomorrow and I could ride, haven't been able to say that for a long time. Been a relatively cool and wet summer, so I think we'll have a good winter (for us).

M
Feb 6, 2008
Rapid City, SD
yep!

Ready and waiting! Went to the Colorado Snowshow last weekendand really got the fire burning... smelling all that 2 stroke smoke & hearing the sleds. Yep... definetely ready!! :D

C

chadkrump

May 26, 2008
Amenia ND
dreaming of snow...

Yah, cant wait for snow to show up.... Both mine are ready to go, besides a little re-clutching... Now it is just all my buddies sleds in my garage working on those to get them ready... im hoping be december we will have snow like last year...

J

John Peck

Jan 9, 2008
Pierre
i have a couple more weeks of hauling hay home and then I am ready and it can snow all it wants. They say we get hit hard with snow every 10yr or so and its been a 11 so far and we have had a wet and cool summer so I think we'll be stepping out our doors this year. Shur would be a lot easier on the pocket book if it did. LET IT SNO!!!

snow_knight

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Black Hills,SD
It cant snow quite yet.... sled is still in a thousand pieces :eek:... but yes.. would be nice to have some good snow again this year.. :D:D

J

jlebrun_05

Dec 9, 2007
Dell Rapids, SD
I am ready to go except for 2 things, we still have about 3000 acres of corn to combine and I have to do a bunch of stuff to my sled. I would love to get pounded with snow this year, but I hope it holds off till at least December

R

Raff_9001M

Nov 27, 2007
A bit of good news on a potentially auspicious day

Northern black hills-central black hills-wyoming black hills-
including the cities of...lead...deadwood...hill city...
Mt rushmore...sundance...four corners
257 pm mst tue nov 4 2008

...winter storm watch now in effect from wednesday afternoon
through thursday afternoon...

The winter storm watch is now in effect from wednesday afternoon
through thursday afternoon.

A strong upper level storm system is expected cross southern
south dakota late wednesday into thursday. This storm system has
the potential to bring heavy snow...blowing snow...and gusty
northwest winds to the northern and central black hills from late
wednesday afternoon into thursday afternoon. Snowfall amounts in
excess of 1 foot are possible with this storm. The snow and gusty
winds may create difficult travel conditions...especially on
wednesday night and thursday...due to reduced visibility in
blowing snow.

A winter storm watch means heavy snow...strong winds...freezing
precipitation...and cold temperatures are possible...but the
timing or track of the storm is still uncertain. Stay tuned to
noaa weather radio...local radio or television...or cable tv for
updates on this potentially dangerous storm. Take time to prepare
for severe winter conditions before the storm develops

R

redbarchetta

Dec 2, 2007
blackhills, wy
Haha

Ya snowknight i know ive caught alot of crap from people but we will see first time on a skidoo i came from cat. I wonder if pinecone collision is covered in my insurance policy better look to be safe hehe.

mr.bloomenrader 2 u

Premium Member
Mar 4, 2008
highmore sd
I am ready to go except for 2 things, we still have about 3000 acres of corn to combine and I have to do a bunch of stuff to my sled. I would love to get pounded with snow this year, but I hope it holds off till at least December

You said a mouthfull there man, I still have a ton of crop to do and am getting very nervous. On a bright note my sleds are ready to grip and rip!!! Gonna be wierd jumpin from the combine one weekend and headin sleddin the next.

J
Dec 9, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Any of you guys get a chance to ride. I was suprised that i could actually ride my M around for once. I know for a fact that i got more miles on this year then last. The ditches were very soft which was nice for once and the fields were decent. Be nice to get a bunch of snow for once and meet up and have a little get together. Still deciding if i want the slp combo on yet or just hold off for a new Cat!

Premium Features