• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Polaris 850 Can or Pipe

Premium Member
Dec 17, 2007
British Columbia
SLP has 2 can options out already. I will be running the quiet one of the 2. Not a big weight difference between them. Also can add the single pipe later down the road if its worth it.

Last edited:

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Im sure you’ll be able to take your pick on cans in a month or two, wouldn’t expect any pipes till mid season.

SLP

Premium Member
We are offering 3 options for lightweight silencers on the 850 Polaris this year and all of them are available immediately:

Standard Lightweight Silencer - Saves 7.7 pounds and has the same SLP exhaust note you have known for years.

PicnicR Lightweight Silencer - Saves 7.1 pounds. Is the same body as above, but also uses a bracket for direct install of a muffpot or WPS trail chef.

Competition Series Ultra-Lite Silencer - Saves 9.3 pounds and has a more aggressive exhaust sound at full throttle.

They are each available in black satin ceramic or silver polish ceramic coating, show a small power improvement on the dyno and are a little faster in the field. For the real power gains the single pipe or twin pipes will be the way to go.

I'll post some pictures of each lightweight silencer tomorrow.

Our intention is to make all of these silencers compatible with the SLP Single Pipe. If possible we will make it compatible, but as that product is still under development, we can't guarantee it will be at this point.

Adam Wood
Sales Manager, SLP

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
Our intention is to make all of these silencers compatible with the SLP Single Pipe. If possible we will make it compatible, but as that product is still under development, we can't guarantee it will be at this point

So, if i understand correctly . . . the silencer a person would purchase NOW may or may not fit the single pipe once it is developed? Am i safe to assume the twin pipes (when available) possibly will not fit the existing silencer either?

If this is the case, one would be better off to wait until the pipe and can set is available so that we can assure a good fit.

pinko

Premium Member
Dec 25, 2007
Wembley, AB
So, if i understand correctly . . . the silencer a person would purchase NOW may or may not fit the single pipe once it is developed? Am i safe to assume the twin pipes (when available) possibly will not fit the existing silencer either?

If this is the case, one would be better off to wait until the pipe and can set is available so that we can assure a good fit.

The twins are coming with a set of twin stingers according to their description

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
The twins are coming with a set of twin stingers according to their description

Sounds to me like that set will be worth waiting for. Someone mentioned the twins will add 15+ hp. Now, if the price is right, that would be the way to go!! :)

SLP

Premium Member
Hey guys, as promised, here are the pictures of the different silencers. (The picture of the PicnicR Lightweight Silencer is actually from the 800, but the 850 looks almost the same other than the EGT bung is missing.

After reading some of your responses, I thought I might clarify:

The Lightweight Silencers that we are currently selling may or may not fit with the Single Pipe (it is too early to say for sure), but if possible we will design it so that it will.

The Lightweight Silencers that we are currently selling will not fit with the Twin Pipes.

09-322 new.jpg 09-327.gif 09-329.gif

N
Apr 9, 2018
Hey guys, as promised, here are the pictures of the different silencers. (The picture of the PicnicR Lightweight Silencer is actually from the 800, but the 850 looks almost the same other than the EGT bung is missing.

After reading some of your responses, I thought I might clarify:

The Lightweight Silencers that we are currently selling may or may not fit with the Single Pipe (it is too early to say for sure), but if possible we will design it so that it will.

The Lightweight Silencers that we are currently selling will not fit with the Twin Pipes.
Have these been flow tested and dynoed to ensure we won’t be loosing performance?

SLP

Premium Member
Yes, twin pipes will have twin silencers.

Yes, we have Dyno-tuned, flow tested and field tested our silencers. They make slightly more horsepower than the stock muffler, but if you're looking for significant gains you will want to go to one of the twin or single pipe sets.

I apologize for the website not being current on these silencers. We are in the process of an update on the website and that should be sorted out within about a week.

Each of these silencers are available for purchase immediately. You can contact your local dealer, or contact us at:
slp@slp.cc

or if you want to contact me directly:
adam@slp.cc

Premium Features