• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

tunnel bags for xm summit 163-174

biggdaddy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 1, 2008
Im looking for a ggod tunnel bag for my 2016 summit. I dont like the quick linq bag for me its just to tall. I dont like what I hear about the ski doo low tunnel bag I hear that they leak bad and everything gets wet. I am looking for a low profile tunnel bag that will hold evrything and has a place for the shovel on the outside. I am looking for something along the lines of the pro or axes burandt tunnel bag style. Does anyone have any good tunnel bags that they would recommend? Thanks

B

BC_mtn_rider

Nov 11, 2012
Surrey B.C.
Im looking for a ggod tunnel bag for my 2016 summit. I dont like the quick linq bag for me its just to tall. I dont like what I hear about the ski doo low tunnel bag I hear that they leak bad and everything gets wet. I am looking for a low profile tunnel bag that will hold evrything and has a place for the shovel on the outside. I am looking for something along the lines of the pro or axes burandt tunnel bag style. Does anyone have any good tunnel bags that they would recommend? Thanks

Your shovel belongs on your back, not the sled. Would sure suck if u needed it in an emergency & couldn't get to it or them.... Just a friendly reminder.

whitefish

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kent WA
Your shovel belongs on your back, not the sled. Would sure suck if u needed it in an emergency & couldn't get to it or them.... Just a friendly reminder.

Many folks, myself included, carry 2 shovels. One on the pack and one on the sled for easy access. It is bad practice to remove your pack if you are in avy prone spot especially if you are wearing an avy pack..

whitefish

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kent WA
Update on the BCA bag. Used it for the first time. Conditions were wet snow. Notice everything inside was getting damp. Loaded up and went home. Left it outside in the wet snow and rain over night. Woke up and it was full of water. Even the "waterproof compartment". Not happy. And yes the zipper was closed. Sent BCA a note on it but its not a bag to use in wet climates. Very disappointed. Back to the $40 Snobungee bag that never leaks.

C
Nov 18, 2013
Plains MT
BCA Tunnel Bag

BCA works good, lots of room and a place for an EXTRA shovel. Not completely water proof but what bag is, I just store stuff I need dry in zip lock bags and toss it in the tunnel bag. Easy to install. Replaced 3 ugly Ski-Doo linq bags with the BCA.

Team Pigeon

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2006
Pass Creek, BC.
4 years with my powder keg and it holds a lot of stuff. Follows the lines of the seat and in my opinion is the best looking of all tunnel bags.
You can also stack a gas can underneath- I use mine for water for overnighters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T
Jan 12, 2010
BC
Many folks, myself included, carry 2 shovels. One on the pack and one on the sled for easy access. It is bad practice to remove your pack if you are in avy prone spot especially if you are wearing an avy pack..

It’s bad practice on leaving off your pack when you pulled your shovel out or any of your gear.
As for tunnel bags, watch your temps in icy conditions. Surprising how much heat is escaping out of the top off the cooler too, than add on a insulating tunnel bag that can keep the heat in. I just made a small timbersled one work on my sled.

Premium Features