• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

parting out 975 1M chassis

Meatman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
the bottom end maybe has 1000 miles since speedwerx trued and welded the crank. Does anything need carbs that big? hahaha No, the engine will run with the stock 40mm rack carbs but you will be holding the motor back tremendously. This baby moves a lot of air and a lot of fuel. There is no loss of bottom end, it hits hard. It will pull your arms off all the way up to 8200 rpm. For me I wanted to stay light which is why I went with a twin. I'm glad I did to.

Back to the carb question. I will have to harass turbotater and get him in here. He's the one who did the port work so he could explain better. I can tell you that when I switched over to the big carbs there was a very significant increase throughout the entire range. More air and better fuel atomization.

Hope this helps and if there are other pics you would like to have shoot me a PM

Thanks
Brandon

KMMAC

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2008
Mount Vernon, WA
Thanks,, Ya did a bigger carb thing on a stock cr 125 and it did make big difference. Just wondering how your motor would respond with say, 44 or 6's.. I also would like to run pump fuel..

Meatman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
I think if you went with a smaller carb you might be holding it back a bit especially on the top end circuit. I'm not sure how much of a difference it would be. Going from 40s to 54s made a huge difference.

whats pump gas ;) haha

Meatman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
I've hit 8200 and I was a little worried about it but I talked to the guy that ported it and he told me that's where I should be running it at. The tachs on these are notorious for being a couple hundred Rs low so I was clutched it between 7900 and 8000 so to be honest with you, there was some more untapped power that rarely got to even see the light of day and to be honest with you that's kind of a scary thought.

I hope this answers your question....

Meatman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Here's what I have left:

COMPLETE 975 ported includes SLP twins, custom stingers that exit in the shockwell, flashed CDI, CPC 54mm carbs, boysen rad valves, shims to clear m1000 pistons, UNI filters, TPS, TPS bracket, Throttle cable, CPC throttle block, screw it I will throw in my handlebar set up to 6" RSI risers, extended brake cable, ProTaper fat bars w/gel wraps and very comfy handwarmers. $2500 I need to get this gone.

153x15x3.0 powerclaw virtually new, no tears, ripped off lugs, or frayed edges $400

2010 HCR float skid, complete with spacers to put under any 1M chassis. $600

VAE hillclimb tunnel with Ti drop brackets, CR gas rack, SLP LED taillight and very large U cooler WITH CR racing chromoly steering hoop, machined and lightened bulkhead, SLP torque mounts, front bumper and I will throw in a set of black side plastics with 2cool vents....make offer.

Thanks

Premium Features