• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

800 ETEC Turbo - good to go!

M
Mar 15, 2010
Langley
Saw this at my local dealer today. Looks sick!!!! Craftmanship is nothing I've ever seen in the snow-turbo world. Pump gas, bolt-on....and it works! Built by Trask, he's the leader in Harley turbo systems. Guess he's getting into the snow world.
023.jpg

030.jpg

P8300266.jpg

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
my 1 concern is fueling, the physical turbo building part isnt anything crazy, anlthough his stuff looks top notch as far as fit/finish goes, BUT, again, lets see what the fueling can do and what kinda boost it can run without running out.

M
Mar 15, 2010
Langley
my 1 concern is fueling, the physical turbo building part isnt anything crazy, anlthough his stuff looks top notch as far as fit/finish goes, BUT, again, lets see what the fueling can do and what kinda boost it can run without running out.

It's running its own stand alone with extra injectors. What kind or who makes it, im not sure.

S

SNOW JW

Nov 26, 2007
Belgrade MT
www.coderedperformance.com
I like others would need to know all the R&D info I know many large turbo places that are in the sled world that have had XP and E-Tec sleds on the snow for a good wile now but need even more R&D time and we may not see them on the market till mid season.

The EFI and electronics are the main part of a turbo kit even on the carb XP things can be done to make them much like a EFI sled if done right but this all takes allot of time.

But with that said looking at the kit and taking all the bling and polish aside I see allot of things they have done right but will need more details for sure.

Last edited:

Trashy

⚙️
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2003
Sherwood Park, Ab, Canada
I would be happiest if all the fuel was directly injected, rather than the extra "conventional" injectors. I know right now it isn't looking likely, but that format would definitely be the best. And that is just one of those things that is gonna take time to overcome. If it is ever gonna happen...

B

Boyko

Nov 27, 2007
Alberta
Wow ….

Nice ….

Nicest Trask kit I have seen, not going to be cheep with a billet oil can for the turbo.

Still wondering on how you can fuel the e-tec. I don’t think any one has had luck frickin with the duty cycle on the stock system yet, Extra injectors at the T-bodies won’t work without dumping more oil into it, you will wash out the crank case.

But what do I know, I must be missing something

B

bigbird

Nov 26, 2007
edmonton area
www.rushmotorsports.ca
Could they run an mcx type setup with extra injectors? All you would have to do is run premix as far as keeping everything oiled. If someone comes up with a simple system like Neil (nm) that will work for the 2 strokers (maybe it already does) it will be alot more consistant IMO.

V
We've been testing our Aerocharged 600 ETEC & 800 ETEC sleds for months now. The factory delivers oil where it needs to be, and only where it needs to be (bearings, exhaust valves, etc). In fact our factory advisors at BRP actually really like the idea that we are spraying fuel before the throttle bodies as it helps cool the pistons. That's actually part of the benefit of having the secondary fuel coming in. It keeps it from pooling up and lets the system apply new lubrication where it matters. Again this something we discussed in-depth with our factory advisors and they really like it. As if the E-TEC motors weren't efficient enough already, we actually managed to make them a little bit more efficient. So with all that said oil consumption also remains the same.

On a side note if this kit truly is using a complete stand alone then it is highly unlikely that it will retail for $4k-$5k. Also if they are using extra injectors where are they in the pictures???

Last edited:

Trashy

⚙️
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2003
Sherwood Park, Ab, Canada
In fact our factory advisors at BRP actually really like the idea that we are spraying fuel before the throttle bodies as it helps cool the pistons.

I might be wrong, but I am not buying that theory. The direct injection concept of the fuel being injected directly into the combustion chamber is the most effective at cooling pistons, amongst its many other advantages. Why do you think as the technology in cars has advanced we have gone from TBI to MPFI to now finally DI...? Now, *maybe* there might be some intake valve advantages on a four stroke, but even that doesn't apply here.

V
I might be wrong, but I am not buying that theory. The direct injection concept of the fuel being injected directly into the combustion chamber is the most effective at cooling pistons, amongst its many other advantages. Why do you think as the technology in cars has advanced we have gone from TBI to MPFI to now finally DI...? Now, *maybe* there might be some intake valve advantages on a four stroke, but even that doesn't apply here.

I don't recall saying that it was the one-and-only most efficient way to cool the pistons....

I said that our factory advisors like the idea, because it helps cool the pistons in addition to the factory injectors. If secondary injectors must be used, then at least there are some advantages other than just dumping more fuel into the air stream. It also cleans out oil deposits and lets the engine lubricate with fresh oil.

Obviously you are biased towards direct injection (and I don't blame you, it is superior) but as far as tuning goes for these engines right now you may just have to get used to the idea of secondary injectors.

Premium Features