• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Vholdr Contour HD 1080P Helmet Cam

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
Plus with the changes this year in their product line

stopped making the 720hd version

Still making their great 1080HD version

.....coming to the market the 1080hd verision with built in GPS to track your speed, elevation and location while filming!

Zachcreek is still blowing out cameras for good prices.

R

Rev Kev

Nov 27, 2007
Lapeer Michigan
I'm not very Happy with My Contour HD, picture Quality is very poor, for 720, and the rubber "hinges" for the memory card/battery access are broken, wishing now I went with the Go Pro Hero HD. Just My $0.2

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
I'm not very Happy with My Contour HD, picture Quality is very poor, for 720, and the rubber "hinges" for the memory card/battery access are broken, wishing now I went with the Go Pro Hero HD. Just My $0.2

Kind of a weak spot on the unit (rubber door and hinges) but if you contact them you will have a new rubber door and hinges and installation instructions in a matter of days.

Comparing the cheapest contour unit with the most expensive GorproHD unit?

F

FCR112

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Feb 1, 2008
can you still use quick straps for your goggles?

I have a Thor helmet and it seems like I have already used up the 2 flat spots on my helmet sides with the mounts for the quickstraps.

Worried about buying a 300 camera and not having a spot to mount it to my helmet:face-icon-small-sho that would suck

Thx

H

Hbmtr

Feb 11, 2010
carnelian bay ca.
I have been happy with mine.my only issue is the cover lense getting wet or foggy.I talked to the count our guys at the hang town moto,they said it was normal.
I guess u could use a non fog cloth.
Tudizzle is a lot of your footage shot at Sonora pass?

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
Tudizzle is a lot of your footage shot at Sonora pass?

Yes...some comes from SP.

I ride an extended Presidents day weekend out there every year.

5-6 days at a friends backcountry cabin.

Fantastic terrain for riding.

H

Hbmtr

Feb 11, 2010
carnelian bay ca.
tudizzlei live about 2 hrs from sp.we have lots of good riding in the lake tahoe area.great video.you always come this way during the winter? I could show you and your crew some fun spots. ride safe this winter
hbmtr

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
tudizzlei live about 2 hrs from sp.we have lots of good riding in the lake tahoe area.great video.you always come this way during the winter? I could show you and your crew some fun spots. ride safe this winter
hbmtr

We just spend that one week out their with friends. Do know some of the guys at Thin Air Moto, but never ride the actual Tahoe area. Maybe some year...thanks for the invite!

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
Going thru my winter gear and getting everything ready.

Ripped that rubber door off the back of the camera...I said it was a weak spot. But once again their customer service is not!

Sent Contour a note late last night and explained the situation including my mailing address. First thing this am they sent me an email letting me know that the new door was already on it's way and to expect it in a couple days.

What a great company to deal with!

F

FCR112

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Feb 1, 2008
can you still use quick straps for your goggles?

I have a Thor helmet and it seems like I have already used up the 2 flat spots on my helmet sides with the mounts for the quickstraps.

Worried about buying a 300 camera and not having a spot to mount it to my helmet:face-icon-small-sho that would suck

Thx

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
The Contour comes with 2 mounts in its basic kit.

The flat or fixed mount. Which is a plastic disc that is hard mounted to a flat surface. The camera then clips in and out of that disc.

Then it also comes with a mount that attaches to your goggle strap. This is the mount I use on my helmet. Its a plastic sleeve that you fit around your strap and that the camera clips in and out of.

I do not use quick straps but as long as you have about 1.5-2 inches of strap you should be able to use.

You can also purchase some other mounts like a suction cup mount or handle bar clamp...and they make a universal adapter so the camera fits onto any standard tripod mount making the options limitless

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
Going thru my winter gear and getting everything ready.

Ripped that rubber door off the back of the camera...I said it was a weak spot. But once again their customer service is not!

Sent Contour a note late last night and explained the situation including my mailing address. First thing this am they sent me an email letting me know that the new door was already on it's way and to expect it in a couple days.

What a great company to deal with!

got it and installed today....looks like they beefed up the hinge a bit.

BossRev

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2004
Pleasant Grove, Utah
BossRev

What brand of board was that? I haven't seen anything that short, is it tougher to ride? Video looks great do they have any kind of filter or setting to elininate the wind?

It's a 1984 Burton Elite, That was ACMtnCat on that board with the cam.
lol I didn't mean to post that vid.

here is the one I wanted to post.:face-icon-small-coo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOaSFmDRXVQ

J

jsandgren10

Jan 17, 2008
Northern California
Just got my new ContourGPS, wanted to see what you guys do for settings. When in 1080 mode you have the option quality of poor, medium, highest. And it shows shortest battery life for highest, etc. Do you guys use 1080 at highest or more like 1080 poor?

Just curious to see.

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
720 action wide is the best setting for snowmobiling..IMO

wider field of view....60 fps and it will fill your whole screen (no black sides)

Premium Features