• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

91 Octane Fuel in Alaska

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
Hi, 91 octane fuel does not seem to be available in Anchorage. Is it safe to use octane booster? My dad is a mechanic he stated it would clog the fuel line.

thanks

if your gonna use booster..use klotz..it seems to work..but just so you know..I run my D-8 with slp single on 90 pump premium without any issues.....

T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
Polaris has been calling for 91 min octane for many years now. Like you said, there is non here. I don't know of anyone who is running better fuel than pump 90 on a stocker. No issues. Don't sweat it.

A
Dec 31, 2007
Eagle River, AK
Torco race fuel concentrate also works, I've never used Klotz but have heard good things. I run Torco in the summer when I run higher boost on my car, haven't ran it in the M8 though, I just run Shell premium.

R
Mar 25, 2009
Palmer,AK.
SLP tells me that our since our 90 here has no ethenol or oxygenation it is actually less prone to detonation than the 91-92 down in the states.

Should be fine.

And by the way, no offense, but your dad must not be much of a mechanic. Octane boost "clogging the fuel line"? Don't think so...

H
Oct 14, 2009
Appleton Maine
Im getting ready for a race that only has 87 octane..I wanted to check my sled with that gas..I have 10 HCR and ran 6 tanks of 87 octane through it with no boost and it ran flawlessly. No detonation and ran strong.

Premium Features