• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

How loud is Jaws front dump can

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
I agree with you about them using whatever reason they can, but the fact is, we're giving them an excuse that works with the middle ground. If they have to admit HONESTLY why they don't want us there, the center looks at their reasons & sees how selfish & juvenile they are.

Even that aside, you guys with loud pipes are OBNOXIOUS even to all the rest of us sledders.

B
Jan 20, 2009
I have got to get in on this one. This is for the guy "backcountryislife" that has a lagit complaint. I work in law-enforcement and attend many meetings regarding this very issue. I run a modified sled with jaws pipes and a front dump loud can. I can tell you that although you feel that loud pipes are going to end this sport I can tell you that that is far from the truth. Those out there that don't like our sport only use loud pipes as a tool in their arsenal during meetings that only they and many of their friends can attend because the rest of us have jobs. Contrary to what you believe those who want to shut this sport down don't want any machine, noise or not, in the woods or on the trail. So I admire you commitment but you need to direct you anger at the folks who want to shut this sport down and not to those who love and support this sport. My recommendation for those who do have loud pipes, like myself, is to either take a minute to shut down while people pass or just go as slow as you can while in their presence. Sometimes you will be amazed at what people who ski or snowshoe will tell you when you stop. Many will suprise you and tell you that they would buy a snowmobile in a second if they had the money and I have even given non-motorized folks a ride on the back which usually ends with "I gotta buy one". Just my 2 cents.

I agree with ya there, we're not out pinning our sleds through cross country trails and back alleys. But out in the middle of the woods I dont see the big issue if I want my sled to have some sound. Almost everyone in my group runs a jaws can and I love the sound. Its also good to hear them if they go off into some trees or somthing and get stuck, you can hear it. Granted I ride in BC Canada and the noise isn't an issue for me or anyone here. I get it from my neighbors sometimes about the noise but I just shake it off and continue( its usually about my truck, its loud too) So if I want my sled loud its gunna be loud, do whatever you want with your sled...you're not gunna here me calling you retarded cause you want your sled quiet...

T
Sep 10, 2009
meridian ID
I agree with ya there, we're not out pinning our sleds through cross country trails and back alleys. But out in the middle of the woods I dont see the big issue if I want my sled to have some sound. Almost everyone in my group runs a jaws can and I love the sound. Its also good to hear them if they go off into some trees or somthing and get stuck, you can hear it. Granted I ride in BC Canada and the noise isn't an issue for me or anyone here. I get it from my neighbors sometimes about the noise but I just shake it off and continue( its usually about my truck, its loud too) So if I want my sled loud its gunna be loud, do whatever you want with your sled...you're not gunna here me calling you retarded cause you want your sled quiet...

you are really ignorant... wait i mean ignant, ya that fits better. The problem lies in the fact that YOU are out in the middle of the woods and your loud exhaust is disturbing everybody and everything for miles around, rarely are you as alone as you think. Geez man, show a little respect for other peoples rights, its not just a couple people that have a problem with loud sleds.

B
Jan 20, 2009
I just dont understand what the big deal is, all you guys whining and crying about loud sleds. I have a Can and y pipe on my sled and I love it, my friends all run jaws. We like how our sleds sound and if you guys dont like it then to bad. Dont come riding around here if you have a problem with it

B
Jan 20, 2009
K sounds good, anything else I should do to my sled to keep you happy? I've already modded 3 stock cans on it to make sure I dont make any noise. It adds weight but I think its worth it.:D

mountaincat 800

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2001
Utah
The thing I hate most about my jaws pipes is I cant sneak up on my buds and hit there kill switch. Other than that I think they still respect me and my loud sled. Haven't been called retarded yet anyway. BCL you have got to be the most opinionated person on snowest. Do you ever enter a thread without callin someone names?

S
Sep 12, 2009
Graeagle, CA
another aspect

No matter what can we have or don't have it still puts out the same amount of co2. Like the law enforcement officer said they want our snow machines gone no matter what. The WHOLE ISSUE OVER LOUD CANS is for the good old government to make more money, by ticketing us. They have passed these laws to make our sleds at 92 decibels so they can have gay forest service law enforcement with their guns on them (cause we are all criminals) to measure our decibel to give us a ticket to give them more money. Most laws are made to make the government more money. Notice more forest service guys in the parking lot making sure we have our stickers...After all its a business. And WE THE PEOPLE let this **** happen. Be ready the next thing will be our bullets then guns. I don't know about you guys but ill deliver bullets in the air before they take my gun and second amendment away.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
The thing I hate most about my jaws pipes is I cant sneak up on my buds and hit there kill switch. Other than that I think they still respect me and my loud sled. Haven't been called retarded yet anyway. BCL you have got to be the most opinionated person on snowest. Do you ever enter a thread without callin someone names?

Almost 2k posts in the new forum & I can think of 5 where I have called a moron a moron, yeah, every now & then it happens.

This is a conversation/debate/argument that will not end. There are those of us that consider other people & the current political situation, and there are the selfish & ignorant types that think that they should be able to do whatever they want no matter how it affects othe people. There are myriad reasons & situations that make that argument seem moronic.

I'm not saying I'm gonna pander to the obama types & do whatever they tell me to do, on the contrary, I drive to every land use meeting or policy meeting within an hour or more from home and fight them, but I know that there are ways to make it tougher on us & this is one of them. Also, the fact is that the rest of us (yeah, SLEDDERS) don't want to listen to some jacktard that feels like blapping his obnoxious sled around.
I have a race sled that I have to ride on occasion when my sled is down & I get nasty looks from people as I go by (yeah, sledders) so I know this isn't just me.

The two groups of poeple will NEVER see eye to eye.

mountaincat 800

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2001
Utah
Almost 2k posts in the new forum & I can think of 5 where I have called a moron a moron, yeah, every now & then it happens.

This is a conversation/debate/argument that will not end. There are those of us that consider other people & the current political situation, and there are the selfish & ignorant types that think that they should be able to do whatever they want no matter how it affects othe people. There are myriad reasons & situations that make that argument seem moronic.

I'm not saying I'm gonna pander to the obama types & do whatever they tell me to do, on the contrary, I drive to every land use meeting or policy meeting within an hour or more from home and fight them, but I know that there are ways to make it tougher on us & this is one of them. Also, the fact is that the rest of us (yeah, SLEDDERS) don't want to listen to some jacktard that feels like blapping his obnoxious sled around.
I have a race sled that I have to ride on occasion when my sled is down & I get nasty looks from people as I go by (yeah, sledders) so I know this isn't just me.

The two groups of poeple will NEVER see eye to eye.

So because I run a sled with louder than normal pipes Im considered to be in a group of morons? :rolleyes:whatever dude. I guess your a moron when you ride your race sled.:p
I purchased my M7 with the jaws twins on it. When I test drove it, it didnt seem to be that loud to me sitting on the sled. It wasn't untill I started riding with friends that I noticed it by some of the comments of my buds.
Anyhow, because I realize that my sled is on the loud side I can ride it with respect to others by letting off the loud flipper as I pass people.
I like the performance of the Jaws pipes and I'm not about to spend mola to replace them because they are loud. I dont think pipes have to be loud to perform but these are the cards I was delt.
The only reason I am tellin you this is so maybe you can broaden your thought of everyone with load pipes are jacktardes as you put it.

Good Day.

T
Sep 10, 2009
meridian ID
So because I run a sled with louder than normal pipes Im considered to be in a group of morons? :rolleyes:whatever dude. I guess your a moron when you ride your race sled.:p
I purchased my M7 with the jaws twins on it. When I test drove it, it didnt seem to be that loud to me sitting on the sled. It wasn't untill I started riding with friends that I noticed it by some of the comments of my buds.
Anyhow, because I realize that my sled is on the loud side I can ride it with respect to others by letting off the loud flipper as I pass people.
I like the performance of the Jaws pipes and I'm not about to spend mola to replace them because they are loud. I dont think pipes have to be loud to perform but these are the cards I was delt.
The only reason I am tellin you this is so maybe you can broaden your thought of everyone with load pipes are jacktardes as you put it.

Good Day.

I dont think you are being singled out by Back Country, and the fact that you bought yours that way is not an excuse to be ultra loud. You said that your buddies commented on your sled being loud, do you think that they are any different from all the other random people that happen to be stareing in your direction and giving you funny looks. performance does not have to be painfully loud, i understand the 'spending money to make it quieter' thing but i bet your buddies would appreciate it if you did:face-icon-small-hap

mountaincat 800

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2001
Utah
I dont think you are being singled out by Back Country, and the fact that you bought yours that way is not an excuse to be ultra loud. You said that your buddies commented on your sled being loud, do you think that they are any different from all the other random people that happen to be stareing in your direction and giving you funny looks. performance does not have to be painfully loud, i understand the 'spending money to make it quieter' thing but i bet your buddies would appreciate it if you did:face-icon-small-hap

Seriously? Give me a break! :rolleyes:

These aren't race pipes. Theres a good sized can on there!

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
I like the performance of the Jaws pipes and I'm not about to spend moola to replace them because they are loud. I dont think pipes have to be loud to perform but these are the cards I was delt.

Good Day.

I think it's a totally different thing to buy a sled that happened to be loud as compared to specifically buying the most obnoxious crap on the market & installing it.

I rarely ride my racer but when I do, yeah, I feel like a jackass.

I will agree that a LOT depends on how the people ride & interact with others, but the people that buy obnoxiously loud crap, they do it to get attention, maybe they didn't get daddy's attention enough when they were small. I don't know, but they tend to be the ones that feel the need to hammer on the throttle as they go by to prove how cool they are. (I've ridden with plenty of them)

btw, there's no e in jacktard:p

C
back to the topic at hand

Kidrman,

Jaws are loud as f@#K, sound badass and drop mad weight. Get one, piss ppl off and be happy. It's your money, your choice. That's the beauty of living in this country. Freedom of choice, freedom of expression. Ok, you all can start slamming me in 3.....2.....

Last edited:
F

fradiecat

Feb 14, 2008
What do you mean by "front dump" ?
Is the exit in a different than stock location?
I didn't see anything on the Jaws website.

K

kidrman

Nov 21, 2007
Spokane WA
Kidrman,

Jaws are loud as f@#K, sound badass and drop mad weight. Get one, piss ppl off and be happy. It's your money, your choice. That's the beauty of living in this country. Freedom of choice, freedom of expression. Ok, you all can start slamming me in 3.....2.....

I think I am afraid to buy one now:eek:. I got rid of the Cutler because of the noise so I will just bust out the welder and go to work on my SLP can.

D

Double A

Nov 27, 2007
Central Washington
My Jaws twins/front dump don't seem too loud to me. I use them for the performance. I think a chainsaw, or a log skidder makes more noise than my Jaws pipes.

Premium Features