• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

07 Turbo 700 Dragon build

S
Nov 26, 2007
Kalispell, Montana
07 Turbo 700 Dragon build w/pics

Have almost completed this build. It is a Silber turbo kit with a Timbersled rear suspension with IceAge rails. I give Justin a thumbs up for good customer service and a simple and clean turbo kit. The price for this kit was well worth it compared to the others. It has the basics which should satisfy most. The rest is up to you on how it looks. I only had minor issues with the instructions but since then Justin as already addressed them and sent new instructions for me to try. Any questions I had he was quick in getting me answers. Always returned my calls and even just checked in to see how it was going. Just waiting on new clutch testing with the Tied Team and this will be complete.
The Timbersled suspension and Iceage rails are top notch and very well made. I had issues with wrong parts but Timbersled was quick to respond and rectify the problem. Nobody is perfect and when issue arrise, its how you deal with those issues that determines the quality of your buisness....
Thanks to Justin Silbernagel (Silber Turbos) Jake at IceAge and Ron from Timbersled.....
IMG_2643.jpg

IMG_2635.jpg

IMG_2639.jpg

IMG_2638.jpg

IMG_2637.jpg

Last edited:
J
Dec 2, 2002
Monticello, MN
Silverfox, very nice build. I always like to hear reviews on the turbo kits especially when they are well priced and an easy install.

I was planning on running the same kit but I got laid off last week, needless to say it won't be happening. My friend is going to run a Silber 800 Dragon this winter, I can't wait to see it in action.

Again, nice build and I like the simple graphics.

J

Jkinzer

Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
good looking build, i just noticed in both pics you dont have your power valve sylenoid hooked up to your power valves, and it looks like you have yellow caps over the holes? are they just not hooked up in the pics or is there a reason they are not hooked up?

S
Nov 26, 2007
Kalispell, Montana
I am seeing if it will improve acceleration with spring controlled opening of the exhaust valves. I have herd of small improvement. The solenoid keeps them closed until 5800 rpm. Just a simple test to see if there is improvement. Also less things to fail, solenoid, leak in system. You do have to keep the solenoid plugged in or you will get a code.....it can be switched back easily....

S
Nov 26, 2007
Kalispell, Montana
I have boost

Ran the sled for the first time with boost. Very pleased with this kit. Made a few adjustments on the Attitude box and this thing rips. Justin has a very well priced and put together kit. I would recomend this to anyone. It is simple, looks factory and runs.

tree climber

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
sioux falls sd
justin do you recommend tuning with egt or wideband? i have been hearing scattered comments that wideband is much harder with 2 smoke

S

Silber

Nov 26, 2007
justin do you recommend tuning with egt or wideband? i have been hearing scattered comments that wideband is much harder with 2 smoke

I perfer the wideband to most, but if you have used egt's before they work good also. Egts are great for finding midrange lean spots, as the wideband tend to jump around alot in the midrange. The gauges are just for reference and guiding for tuning. Nothing is better than checking plugs though. I never watch the gauges until I have a crisp running sled, I alway start rich and then clear it up until it runs clean in all throttle positions then look at the gauge and see where the sled likes to run, along with checking the plugs to ensure a proper burn.

Are you having troubles tuning in a sled?

milehighassassin

Moderator: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
Uses your stock rubber flanges from the airbox.

Thanks!
Does this retain the factory airbox electrical fittings.

(I honestly do not know what the Polaris uses because I just got the sled, but my 2005 REV and my 2002 Mountain Cat both had electrical connections in there).

D

DRAPE

Feb 19, 2008
NSL UT
Did Ice Age charge you extra to powder coat rails? Or did you do that yourself. What wheel kit are you using on the rear wheels?

Nice build - Should be a screamer.

tree climber

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
sioux falls sd
I perfer the wideband to most, but if you have used egt's before they work good also. Egts are great for finding midrange lean spots, as the wideband tend to jump around alot in the midrange. The gauges are just for reference and guiding for tuning. Nothing is better than checking plugs though. I never watch the gauges until I have a crisp running sled, I alway start rich and then clear it up until it runs clean in all throttle positions then look at the gauge and see where the sled likes to run, along with checking the plugs to ensure a proper burn.

Are you having troubles tuning in a sled?

no not having any problems here just making sure i have all the information i need when i set mine up sometime in december. i hear conflicting information all the time so i dont know for sure whats best

milehighassassin

Moderator: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
Would it be overkill to have EGT and a wideband?

I know space for gauges is a limit but I have seen several boost gauges that have a digital EGT gauge built into them.

Premium Features