• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Shr 860r

F
Oct 16, 2009
5600 mile UPDATE

I pulled the motor down to check engine and crank before the start of the year. Engine has been rock solid with no problems at all. Leak down still less than 5%. Here a some pics of the parts. This 860r has been the most reliable performance upgrade ive done to any sled I have owned. Keep up the GOOD WORK BIG JOHN. Am putting new pistons and rock on.
biggrin.gif

14-10-09_1843.jpg

Last edited:
K

Keithcat

Nov 27, 2007

Is that fairly normal for the carbon buildup under the ring line on the pistons. I noticed that last year on mine. Always questioned weather I was running to high compression or had bad oil, rings did not seat..ect..ect..

It may be nothing, but I thought I would ask.

BossRev

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2004
Pleasant Grove, Utah
Can't wait for mine to show up and for some real snow to start falling.:cool::beer;

Fastmax, what elevation do you ride and how many miles did you put on?

K

Keithcat

Nov 27, 2007
5600 miles!!!!!!!

BigJohn will love this post! Thats friggin great.

Nevermind the carbon below the ring line question.....

Congrats!!!

F
Oct 16, 2009
FIRST YEAR

This engine got put to its limits the first day out. My sled is a summit 146 with 1.5 track, Im a very finely tuned trim pilot at about 280lbs dressed. -20 degrees celcius had about 50 miles on it and lined it up in a mile long lentil field, ran against a 1000 crossfire with y pipe and air box mods a F8 firecat with y pipe and air box mod and a 800xp renegade ported with a RK tek head. . Closes sled to me was the 800xp at about 6-7 lenghts behind then the 1000 cat then the F8.

LAST YEAR

Raced a 2002 XCR with a Rob Schoopin triple engine 800 run a quarter mile he ended up about 3 lengths behind at the end.
The 860 makes all its damage in about the first 200 to 300 feet it pulls away.

giddyup

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
deer valley sask.

WOW that is the kind of info i like to see, thats the kind of proof of quality. Man that is a lot of miles for a mountian sled, and no problems, looks like i have to put big johns BB on my xmas list. No more debeting who's got the best bb. thanks fastmax for the info

giddyup

J

JohnnyH

Nov 26, 2007
SL,UT
Can't wait for mine to show up and for some real snow to start falling.:cool::beer;

Fastmax, what elevation do you ride and how many miles did you put on?

When are you expecting your stuff to show up?
I might have to swing by Alpine and check it out:D

Last edited:
Premium Features