• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

--208 Productions-A Calculated Risk--

Sxrlar

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Wisconsin
Just finished watching the vid. Very nicely done. I sure wish I lived out west! I didn't see the stuff after the credits, that is ok though, I think I will be watching a few more times! LOL.:D

P

PowderGirl

Nov 26, 2007
McCall, Idaho
www.facebook.com
Yep excellent vid with a great mix of riding to a lot of great music! Love all the deep pow technical tree riding! Really dug the POV footage - put me on the edge of my seat as one sled crested over the top and it was a shear drop off to his left side! And loved that Cocain song as well! Some sick chute climbing and of course carnage to go with it. Potraz's avy footage and interview is humbling and should be watched by all. A lot of great extra footage - must be watched as well!

Thought it was well done and a big improvement over last years. Look foward to next years!!!!

I'm ready to ride snow now.

B

bigbull

Jan 21, 2005
Spokane, WA
www.bigbullinc.com
MY REVIEW
Personally, I know Phil a little, as many of you do and got a chance to ride with him this past season. He is a great guy and a good rider as well as a talented videographer and editor (and he didn't even pay me to say that and I paid full pop for my videos, bought 1 from him and 1 from Sled Solutions ).

This movie shows that the people he rides with are of the same qualities as riders and as friends. When you have the likes of John Heston, who is all class, finesse and experience, on the mountain and off, and has been riding for almost 19 years more than I have, Chris Burandt with his fame and riding abilities, Matt Potratz, Jeremy Kinzer, and the rest of the riders on your movie, you know you are making a dent in the industry.

This film was so enjoyable to watch,it did well on the painstakingly laborious ritual of finding suitable music you can use. It showed all conditions of filming, not just the sunny days. When it turned crappy, they went to the trees and strapped on remote cams. I especially loved all the set ups in the trees. Those that know me know I prefer to challenge myself there all the time. :D He wasn't scared to show all aspects of riding as well including just the little screwing around we do on the way in and out of our favorite areas. And one thing I noticed was that he showed different setups for climbing and carving in the same areas, but made them look totally different. I only know this little secret because I have rode some of those spots. That takes a little extra effort and was appreciated by me.

And it was a very tasteful, insightful, and helpful showing off Matt's avy and his interview months after. My son will be required to watch that part many times. Good job to all involved on taking a tragedy we all fear and turning into a more positive learning experience for those who were not there.

And lastly, I thought the scratch edited section at the end was great. I felt relaxed and like I was hanging out just shootin the chit watching some stuff we filmed that day.

I see big things in your future Phil. Excellent job

BB

R
Mar 21, 2008
Thanks Phil

I've been bugging Kinzer for a preview of the film. Now I can just bug the mail lady to hurry up and deliver it. Thanks Phil for giving out a free copy to us early and last viewers of Snowest. Bo

Sxrlar

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Wisconsin
firecatguy? He doesn't deserve one!

Just yanking yer chain Pat!!

Oh yea, I won't be making it up to Haydays!:(:(

I got the DVD this morning and have since watched it 4 times.

First of all, the editing really grabbed my attention. Great angles, music, slow-motion shots, etc...

The powder shots featured are the dream for every sledder. The climbs are sick. Good to see more technical pulls rather then a straight highway.

The interviews are a definite must in sled films IMO. Jeremy, John, and Matt really tell it how it is. How sledding gives a free feeling to all of us.

I personally don't know Matt, but seeing any fellow sledder in that situation sucks. Great job to everyone who was there to get him out of the snow and to the hospital. Hope for a speedy recovery and I'm looking forward to meeting and riding with Matt someday.

The POV cameras and tree lines are really really cool. Its a good change to see what the rider see's rather then the camera man following the sled. I've gotta get me one of those!

Overall, Great video. It's amazing how far all the riders have come over just one year.
Can't wait for the upcoming season!

Great job Phil and the 208 riders!

Jay

Sled Solutions

SnoWest Forums Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Traverse City, MI
www.sledsolutions.com
Well guys, I finally sat down and watch the video........the whole thing! The video ROCKED! Fresh music, great camera angles and some amazing powder footage. Anyone who gets this video beware....WATCH AFTER THE CREDITS!! At least another 30 minutes of footage.

Good stuff 208! :beer;

Premium Features