• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

900 Mountain Cat opinions?

1Mike900

Premium Member
Dec 5, 2007
Bellevue, Wa
PC, You will enjoy it, Especially after you get the throttle over half way. After that it is a whole nother animal!

Mike

PowderCrew

Premium Member
Dec 24, 2007
in the shadow of the Rubies, Nevada
So, I got my 900... question? Been checking out pics of the sleds to get some ideas for customizing. Anyone got input on pros-cons for removing outer-rear wheels? The sled will be ridden aggressively in the mountain deep... climbing, boondocking, heavy side-hilling...

76FOMOCO

Apr 18, 2007
Nampa, Idaho
So, I got my 900... question? Been checking out pics of the sleds to get some ideas for customizing. Anyone got input on pros-cons for removing outer-rear wheels? The sled will be ridden aggressively in the mountain deep... climbing, boondocking, heavy side-hilling...

kick off all the extra wheels but leave the two inner ones and put scratchers on and dont look back

1Mike900

Premium Member
Dec 5, 2007
Bellevue, Wa
2 eight in. wheels in back, 2 small 2.75" inside mtd wheels in the radius upfront to replace the outside wheels. Leave the inner mid mtd. wheels and gut the shock pivot of the heavy steel shaft, Long bolt and steel sleeve. Replace with 5/8 aluminum bar with bolts at ea. end. Also moved the outside stiffening plates to the inside by swapping sides and cutting the cross brace by .50" Looks cleaner and just as effective! Note: You have an extra cross brace up front by the limiter straps for just such purposes.

Mike

H

HANDSOME

Nov 28, 2007
Pouce Coupe
With the rider forward post and in set idlers in the back and a high rise seat could a 1m feel as good as an M sled ?

1Mike900

Premium Member
Dec 5, 2007
Bellevue, Wa
You can leave the outer wheels on, Just make sure you run the 3rd wheel inside with those, Otherwise the track will walk back and forth without the inner wheel. With the two wheel setup they have to be on the inside of the rails. Works much better in the deep when side hilling as the track flexes up on the sides full lg. Thats why all my wheels are in the inside of the skid!

Mike

1Mike900

Premium Member
Dec 5, 2007
Bellevue, Wa
I can only assume it is a 1M machine, I had to play it 3 times to see the front radius and handle arrangement. I would assume that is yours and has a bit of modding, Not anywhere stock 1M! Sounds crisp and sweet when coming at you. I like that balancing on the edge at the flick of the throttle!

Mike

Idcatman3

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
In the description it says it's a 350 hp 1620. My guess is built on the same bottom end as the 1500 I posted.

Sounds pretty close to the same anyway :D

Premium Features