• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Statewide Comprehensive Outdoor Recreation Plan 2009-2014 (SCORP) Meetings

LiveAlaska

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2008
Statewide Comprehensive Outdoor Recreation Plan 2009-2014 (SCORP) Meetings
Alaska State parks will host the following community meetings to update the Statewide Comprehensive Outdoor Recreation Plan (SCORP). This plan provides communities and agencies information about Alaskan’s outdoor recreation preferences. It also keeps Alaska eligible for federal Land and Water Conservation grant funds for outdoor recreation projects.

Please come tell us your thoughts on outdoor recreation, access and facilities – what you like and how local outdoor recreation opportunities can be improved.

Monday, March 9, 2009, 6 pm. Held in Anchorage at the Atwood Building, 550 W 7th Ave., Suite 602.

Wednesday, March 11, 2009, 7pm. Sports Complex, Room 1 – Mack Road, North out of Wasilla.

Thursday March 12, 2009 , 5:30 pm Kenai River Center in Soldotna.

For more information, the Alaska State Park web site contains a link to the last published SCORP http://dnr.alaska.gov/parks/plans/scorp/2004scorpweb.pdf

There are two new surveys that can be filled out online at www.alaskastateparks.org.;one for recreation managers and one for recreation users.

Last edited:
T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
Thanks for the heads up livealaska! Guys, take the time to show up even if it means missing a ride or a hot date with a sure thing. I can not stress enough how important for us to attend these meeting. I will be sure to be at the one in soldotna and will let many others know as well. So, show up, and make sure to bring others with you as well. we will never get everything we want. That is a fact of life and changing times. If we do not care enough to show up, what does that tell those who are going to make these decisions for us? Must not be an issue there that concerns us right? I hate politics and there is always "something better" to do, but if you like to ride, and want to keep areas open, or improve parking, grooming, whatever, YOU MUST SHOW THAT YOU CARE!!! There is strength in numbers poeple. Time to call your freinds and make a date.

T
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River AK
True, true. Its nice to see its a statewide plan yet the only meetings are in the southcentral area. :rolleyes: How many people up here are going to be willing to drive 6 hours to one of these. Not me.

LiveAlaska

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2008
True, true. Its nice to see its a statewide plan yet the only meetings are in the southcentral area. :rolleyes: How many people up here are going to be willing to drive 6 hours to one of these. Not me.

Yeah I noticed that also and am hoping that it can be brought up in the forums, in hope of allowing at least the folks in the Fairbanks area an opportunity to show their support in an open public forum. I am also hopeful that everyone who has an interest and knows of the online questionnaire passes the link via email to all their outdoor enthusiasts, mentioning the lack of public testimony in your area on this couldn't hurt.
Mike

P

pura vida

Nov 26, 2007
perfect, the one week of the entire season i am out of town. that sucks.

pv

Premium Features