• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

99' Mountain Max 600 w/141" track... Gearing???

Y
Nov 28, 2007
Edmonds, WA
'99 Mountain Max 600 w/141" track... Gearing???

Hey dudes, I'm throwing a 141" x 2" track on my bro's '99 MM 600 and just curious how low we should gear it? Engine is stock other than V Force reeds and honestly, I can't remember what the gearing is like now (sled is 100 miles away).

Any suggestions would be great, thanks!!!

Chris

A

attak06

Dec 23, 2007
st. cloud mn
gearing

i did a 700 with a two inch, you will probably have to use 8 tooth drivers like i did. with small drivers i didn't change the gearing and it worked out really good.

Lt Rascal

Lifetime Membership
Feb 4, 2004
Nibley, Utah
i did a 700 with a two inch, you will probably have to use 8 tooth drivers like i did. with small drivers i didn't change the gearing and it worked out really good.

You have to remember that in '99 the 600's were a twin in '00 it became a triple. So the power is alittle lower in the twins.

I would think 20/40 with the 8 tooth driver that you will have to have will be your best option.

Is it the stock '00 M-Max Yokahoma 141 track or a Camoplast challanger 141 track?
The Yokahoma's were good tracks but they were heavy and tended to fall apart after time.

Y
Nov 28, 2007
Edmonds, WA
Sweet... I think I have some 20/40 gears laying around and obviously i'll have to go to the 8T drivers. It's the Camo Challenger track with the stiffer tips (I loved the track on my sled, just wasn't long enough. It should work fine for my bro and his set up (he's 120 lbs and the sled has been lightned about 25lbs).

Anybody have any tricks to get this thing to scoot a little more? (never did too much with the twin Yamahas)

We're doing the Whal bro's extro's and MPI Transfer enhancment kit as well, any other cheaper goodies we should look into (my bro is 15 and on a tight or should I say NO budget).

Thanks again guys!

S
Dec 27, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
thin the head gasket. Jet down 1 size from stock. Do the air box mod similar to the tripples. Silencer will loose weight but won't gain any hp. Stay away from twins especially AAEN!!!...............SRXtreme

Premium Features