• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Polaris Axys Goggle Bag.. Anyone buy/install yet?

aksledjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Feb 8, 2014
Alaska
So I've got some rides on the sled now with this bag and some positive and negatives I've noticed:

Pro - fit and finish is pretty decent even with modifying it to fit with the BMFAB EXO front bumper. I run Klim Oculus goggles and pack 3 different lens with me in a Klim lens case that comes with the goggles. That case and my tool bag go into the bigger compartment of the goggle bag. My tools are warm if I need them which is nice.

Cons - my lens inside the case are moist when I go to use them. Not the end of the world as I'm able to just wipe them off and go on my way but would be nice if they were completely dry. I also have to remove the bag to let it air out and dry otherwise it gets damp inside if you ride multiple days in a row.

SO, curious if shaving more material off the holder frame would help in heat transfer to the bag as it's obviously combating the snow intake melting, and losing the battle.

Any thoughts?

pinko

Premium Member
Dec 25, 2007
Wembley, AB
No- Either/or.. but not both.

You're right. They both fit in the bag but bag won't fit in the sled with them both in the pouch.

So I've got some rides on the sled now with this bag and some positive and negatives I've noticed:

Pro - fit and finish is pretty decent even with modifying it to fit with the BMFAB EXO front bumper. I run Klim Oculus goggles and pack 3 different lens with me in a Klim lens case that comes with the goggles. That case and my tool bag go into the bigger compartment of the goggle bag. My tools are warm if I need them which is nice.

Cons - my lens inside the case are moist when I go to use them. Not the end of the world as I'm able to just wipe them off and go on my way but would be nice if they were completely dry. I also have to remove the bag to let it air out and dry otherwise it gets damp inside if you ride multiple days in a row.

SO, curious if shaving more material off the holder frame would help in heat transfer to the bag as it's obviously combating the snow intake melting, and losing the battle.

Any thoughts?

I was looking at this when I put it on last night. Seems there's not much for airflow the way it is. Might look into this

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

P
Nov 28, 2007
Odessa, WA
Looks like a great set up, not sure if anyone has asked or
Answered, is the bag itself water proof or half way water proof? If it isn’t, seems like u would always be fighting the melting snow from hood and inside engine compartment against the drying process. I use a WPS goggle bag mounted above the coolant bottle and works great but it’s small.

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
Several over the hood snow rides and never have seen water residue inside the bag- but as others have stated- I do get moisture on the lenses of the goggles inside the bag- seems like condensation, not enough heat in there .IMHO

matchrocket

Premium Member
Mar 2, 2016
Boise
Several over the hood snow rides and never have seen water residue inside the bag- but as others have stated- I do get moisture on the lenses of the goggles inside the bag- seems like condensation, not enough heat in there .IMHO

As other's have mentioned, seems there isn't enough heat transfer. Tempted to take a hole saw to it and get more heat from the pipe.

Easy to get things in/out with top cover on, so far, so good.

kidder17

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Saskatchewan
If a person were to drill a series of 3/8” holes would this help? And if so where would be best to drill them? On the bottom or on the side of the insert?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wellfed777

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Oregon
since the thread got bought back around
anyone know if that under hood plate/bag will fit on 850 ?

thanks

sledneck322

Premium Member
Sep 26, 2013
ADK's
I had no luck with the the defrost bags in the past. Yes, it kept things warm but it was an absolute steam bath with anything in there. With snow ingestion and under hood heat, my stuff was always wet.

aksledjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Feb 8, 2014
Alaska
I ended up drilling some holesaw holes in the shield(pipe side) and it helped a ton with getting more heat into the bag. Still had to pull the bag to let it air out at night if I was riding multiple days in a row.

Accessing inside the bag is super easy though, just pop your panel.

It appears that it will fit in the 850 the same. But that's just eyeballing it. Not sure if that fuse box would hinder where the bag frame comes around to bolt to the overstructure.

matchrocket

Premium Member
Mar 2, 2016
Boise
I have a full season on this "bag". Frankly, I feel its completely worthless, and a waste of money top to bottom.

PRO's:

Another Storage solution.

CON's:

Hard to access.
Space limited when belt is stored.
Gets very wet, very fast in loose snow conditions. 10x worse when riding in deep powder snow.
Just enough heat gets to the bag, to get whatever is in it soaked.

For example, dry fresh goggles stored in the bag @ the truck, after a few hours of riding in fresh snow, will come out fogged up and soaked. Kinda the problem most people want to solve with a bag like this.

I put 2.5" holes all over the holder, then covered up the holes closes to the Y-Pipe with heat tape so I didn't burn the bag, but maximize heat transfer, only made things get wet faster.

Currently mine is sitting on the self collecting dust, and will probably never go back into my sled. It *MAY* work for the trail guys, but for mountain riders.... stay way....

Last edited:

matchrocket

Premium Member
Mar 2, 2016
Boise
Ur clutches are definitely going to get cooked out boiling hot. Need every spec of airflow to clutches. $150 for bag and $200 for blown belt. Awsome
Didn't seem to have any issues here, but I can see how it could be a problem.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

E
Oct 22, 2009
NY
I have a full season on this "bag". Frankly, I feel its completely worthless, and a waste of money top to bottom.

PRO's:

Another Storage solution.

CON's:

Hard to access.
Space limited when belt is stored.
Gets very wet, very fast in loose snow conditions. 10x worse when riding in deep powder snow.
Just enough heat gets to the bag, to get whatever is in it soaked.

For example, dry fresh goggles stored in the bag @ the truck, after a few hours of riding in fresh snow, will come out fogged up and soaked. Kinda the problem most people want to solve with a bag like this.

I put 2.5" holes all over the holder, then covered up the holes closes to the Y-Pipe with heat tape so I didn't burn the bag, but maximize heat transfer, only made things get wet faster.

Currently mine is sitting on the self collecting dust, and will probably never go back into my sled. It *MAY* work for the trail guys, but for mountain riders.... stay way....

It only took one deep day to find out this bag doesn't do what you bought it to do... Unfortunately I found out at sunset when I pulled my clear goggles out, moist as can be! So much moisture they fogged in between the lenses.

Now it holds my tool kit and tow rope...

aksledjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Feb 8, 2014
Alaska
I was still able to hold a belt and a ton of other goodies and access the main compartment(everything except the belt) with ease. But I do agree about the fogging and soaking goggles. I had better luck with 2" hole saw holes but I also carry lens not goggles. Can wipe the lens when you swap them and be on your way. If you are packing spare goggles I could see how the foam would get wet.

I blew no more belts with the bag vs when I didn't have the bag.

Premium Features