• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Will there be a in season 840 released???

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
I will say this being from the great state of Wisconsin, I was informed by 2 dealers that they had employees SC and backout.
If those guys are dumb enough to pull that, AND tell people that's what they did....that might not go well for them. From what I can tell, Polaris is taking snow check legitimacy very seriously. To the point where if they see a pattern at a dealer, they may actually take the machines back. It is pretty easy for them to figure out who is outside the lines.

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND
I also think it's great we need to help police this snowcheck thing. Polaris could really put the hammer down and offer no warranty to second owner.

S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
maybe real snowcheckers can start a club and ride around with themselves:)

sledneck322

Premium Member
Sep 26, 2013
ADK's
The 850 is an exclusive SC option for MY 2019 and 2020. From a consumer standpoint, its good because it will increase resale value with a less flooded market. Dealers are not super happy but it will help them purge some inventory some may be sitting one from years past.

S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
i dont think inseason 850 sleds matter this late.almost dec.some people are losing interest and backouts are out there.

RMK-King

Super-Moderator
Dec 25, 2007
North Dakota
I was told there is a good chance the 850 will be SC only next yr as well, at the dealer meeting they had a vote and most dealers wanted SC instead of being forced to have a bunch of inventory on hand like before.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
If SC only for the 850 in 2020, Poo would be focused on profit per unit, and not unit sales. Same for AC if they only offer the Alpha 800 at SC.

While this is likely better in the short-term for dealers, and for resale of 840's by owners, they are abandoning the sales unit lead to Doo, mountain or trail. By offering the Summit 850 both at SC (X and SP), and in season in the SP, Doo dealers avg profit per sled might be lower, but Poo will never sell more mountain units than Doo. My guess is - they'll look right past the dealers and resale for existing customers, and sell the 840 in season in 2020. They kinda know how volume and market leadership works. Dealers will have to suck it up. Customers always have to suck it up.

aksledjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Feb 8, 2014
Alaska
I'd rather they kept snowcheck special in someway shape or form. Eventually 800's wont be available which is understandable, but keep the upgraded shocks(reservoir and SLS springs), colorways, PIDD, and maybe the Burandt under seat bag for SC only.

Premium Features